Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Regions > Drives and Meetups

Drives and Meetups Plan a drive or meetup with other drivers

Old March 27th, 2007, 01:41 PM   #1
Gerry

A Wake up reminder

So last Saturday I decided to stay home instead of going to Santana Row meet and something happen, it could be easily me:
http://www.norcalevo.net/forum/index...c,17366.0.html

Luis Aldaz (#77) got into fatal accident during the normal canyon runs.

Let's be careful out there....

Condolence to his Family and Friend

PCA/G.G.R. Member

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...09/4hbv4mc.jpg
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2007, 02:09 PM   #2
Docdanracy

If you want to go fast....go to an AX or a DE/TT event. Emergency vehicles on scene (always). Safety is first, fun is second and speed is last.

Unfortunately this stuff happens all the time. They said he had track experience, how much and how recently? Driving a swept maintaned track is a bit different than driving a dirty public road with other cars, motorcycles and bikes wild animals....
there are folks that have these driving clinics around here quite often and they seem to bend up at least one car every time.....

Sad but predictable.

Docdanracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2007, 02:21 PM   #3
Gerry

As soon as I read it this afternoon, I called my wife...

PCA/G.G.R. Member

Old March 27th, 2007, 08:41 PM   #4
blinkwatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docdanracy
Driving a swept maintaned track is a bit different than driving a dirty public road with other cars, motorcycles and bikes wild animals...
What in the world happened to that GT3? Did he fly off of a cliff?

First off let me state that from time to time I have been known to 'get on it',heck that's why I bought my Boxster over alot of other cars. With that being said I always try to drive through the area once over to see any obvious road hazards. I will give an example of how important it is to drive through the area before you have your fun; back in high school I had a buddy who used to take his car out to the cuts to have fun. I was constantly reminding him to drive through the area once before you he went out to 'gun it'. My buddy was being naive and said 'don't trip,I do it all the time'...that lasted 48 hours. Two days after I kept reminding him, he came to school with a bummed look on his face and said to me, "Robert you were right,I wrecked my car. I hit gravel in a turn and ended up hitting the gaurdrail. I looked like they just finished repaving the ground,I hit gravel and just lost it." Oh well live and learn right?
blinkwatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2007, 11:58 PM   #5
davezaristo

Man, sad to hear about Luis's death...i actually did a hwy 9 run with couple for my friends on 2 sundays ago and we almost sandwiched each other as well...i guess autox and track is the way to go from now..

So how did the accident happened? Anyone got the inside story? I heard from other forums that a ferrari also hit a DSM as well and the ferrari driver died as well...
davezaristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2007, 07:11 AM   #6
Gerry

yap, dave, true that!..auto x and track is the only way to go now...i'll just need to work extra hours to support my tire's needs

I don't really know what happen but here's the other link to it:
http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=144181

PCA/G.G.R. Member

Porsche Babblers > Regions > Drives and Meetups