Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old November 12th, 2002, 10:13 AM   #1
Chatter Box

Hack party needed.

I recently acquired tail lights sans amber and need help converting them and installing them. I also have discovered that one of my headlights is dim. I picked up a replacement bulb from Claridges yesterday and need help doing that, too.

I'll hopefully be at Thill this w/e and will be doing an Autox School next Saturday. I think I'll be free a week from Sunday if anyone else has any interest. TP, if you can make it, you can call the shots. I'll meet you anywhere you want to go.
Old November 12th, 2002, 02:58 PM   #2
Chatter Box

BTW, I'll be giving away OBC hack goodies.

I've got the parts from Radio Shack that you need to do the hack. I don't have any extra VW connector-dealies, but I think I have everything else. I had to buy them in bulk and then ended up using premade wires courtesy of TP.

I'll probably never need them again and since I don't make many hack parties and TP attends just about all of them, I'll be handing over my stash to him so that he can share the wealth with future OBC hackers.
Old November 12th, 2002, 07:07 PM   #3
JoshS

Scott...

I just did mine and it took about 20 mins for both sides... just 4 bolts on each side, unplug the harness pull the light out and reverse procedures to put the new ones on...
Old November 13th, 2002, 08:48 AM   #4
Chatter Box

Re: Scott...

Okay, but I have the Euro lights so don't I need to move the amber bulb? Plus, I have no idea at all how to get to the burned out bulb in my headlight.
Old November 13th, 2002, 09:06 AM   #5
Tom M (Sunol, CA)

Re: Scott... Accessing the headlights is in the Owner's Manual.

It describes how to change bulbs.
Old November 13th, 2002, 09:31 AM   #6
Chatter Box

Wow. Who would have thunk? Not me. I guess I deserved an RTFM, huh? *NM*

Old November 13th, 2002, 09:35 AM   #7
Tom M (Sunol, CA)

I know unix people can't spell worth a darn.

But I was pretty sure they knew how to read
Old November 13th, 2002, 09:42 AM   #8
Chatter Box

Heyyyy, I spelled "thunk" correctly. *NM*

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman