Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old December 26th, 2000, 10:05 PM   #1
Brian Harrington (SJ, CA)

Very cool!

Ok, BABBLERS, I'm scheduled to pick up my SYS from Tina Todd's capable hands on 1/7 in LA (would've been sooner.... damned Sea Venus!!).

Anxious to join you for a drive shortly thereafter. When's the next event?
Old December 27th, 2000, 01:07 AM   #2
Magic Mtn Dan

Hey Brian, it'll be great to have you join us...

good luck with your pick-up at BHP. You're in for a real treat on your drive back north in your new Boxster S!
Old December 27th, 2000, 09:37 AM   #3
Brian Harrington (SJ, CA)

recommendations for drive back from LA

while we're at it, any recommendations for the drive back from LA to SJ would be very welcome. I figure I'll be leaving LA around 1:00pm (on Sunday the 7th) and want to be back home by the same night. My wife wants to drive up Highway 1 as much as possible... I am completely freaked out by this idea, particularly when I see how much rock falls onto that highway from the cliffs.

Still, it would be great if we had some twisties along the way... recommendations?
Old December 27th, 2000, 02:46 PM   #4
Jay in SF (and now freezing in CT)

boxster brat took the 1

it took her 11 hours including nap, snacks and a look around monterey.

if you take the 5 it would only be too tempting to floor it- something you might not want to do during the break in. the 1 would be more rewarding, more sunday driving with nice twisties. dont forget a jacket and a cap though, it gets cold by the coast.
Old December 27th, 2000, 05:45 PM   #5
Catalog Guy

Re: recommendations for drive back from LA

On one trip back from Paris Audio I went up the coast as far as Solvang. It is a really cute little Scandinavian town complete with authentic food and architecture. It is totally touristy and your wife will think of it as the highlight of the trip. Afterward, just head back out to the main freeway and the whole detour will cost you less than 2 hours drive-time.

Andrew
Old December 27th, 2000, 11:34 PM   #6
Magic Mtn Dan

If you take 101 be very careful!

The CHP make a zillion dollars on that freeway especially by King City.

Get yourself a V1 - it'll pay for itself!
Old December 29th, 2000, 09:52 AM   #7

i remember solvang

nice and quaint, a stop worth a postcard or so...
Old December 29th, 2000, 09:55 AM   #8

highest amount of speeding tickets in california is

is this place on the 5 somewhere nearer to LA. i wish i could remember where.

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman