Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old July 26th, 2009, 11:07 PM   #1
akif

Steering Lock Assembly Problem

Message from a new member, who had trouble posting:

I joined Babblers and tried posting and doesn't look like I've been successful. Having trouble getting the Steering Lock Assembly (with the key tumblers) out. Can you give me any advice, as I've heard nothing? I have the front brace loose by the key, and the bolt and nut out where it hooks to the steering column. Still can't get it loose, steering wheel is locked, and can't turn the key. I have already put a new electric ignition switch on the back of it, and it didn't help. I think the tumblers are bad, but can't turn the key to get them out, so am trying to get the whole ignition lock assembly out. HELP!!!!! please? e-mail address is : <email removed> Thanks

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3306/...9daf3a22_t.jpg
Photo Blog My Boxster/Babblers' Photos
Babblers Photos on Flickr

Last edited by akif; July 26th, 2009 at 11:11 PM. Reason: took out email address :-)
akif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2009, 07:40 AM   #2
Loren

DIY Upgraded Ignition Switch/Lock Installation for 996/Boxster

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman