Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old November 10th, 2001, 05:51 PM   #1
Tool Pants

My 4 spoke steering wheel is now a 3 spoker

Just got back from a drive after replacing my '97 4 spoke with a '00 S 3 spoke steering wheel. I now have that S power.

I was lucky to find Chris in Castro Valley. He has a '00 S that is being converted to a track car. He was at the A-B tech session. He did not need the the 3 spoke steering wheel and air bag. Met him at 1:00p.m. today and it is now in my car.

I always thought the diameter of the 4 spoke and 3 spoke was the same. It is not. 3 spoke is a bit smaller.

Chris at A-B taught me a trick to have a new wheel line up perfectly on the splines of the shaft. It works. Do not need an alignment to have my new 3 spoke wheel centered.

Jeff

Old November 10th, 2001, 11:28 PM   #2
Magic Mtn Dan

You're a TEASE Tool Pants!

And you love it!

So Chris taught you a trick huh. I suppose you're thinking that if you hold out and don't share that trick, it'll keep your value going that much longer.

Well you're wrong about that. You're already the Technical MVP of the worldwide Boxster community. Now tell us what that "trick" is!

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman