Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old December 14th, 2002, 09:55 PM   #1
Billster

THE BOXSTERS HAVE LANDED 6 - DATES

TBHL is pleased to announce the dates for the SIXTH Edition of THE BOXSTERS HAVE LANDED! June 4 - Santa Barbara, June 5, 2003 - California Speedway June 6-7 Las Vegas. Yep, same dates as BRBS.

THBL SIX will incorporate exciting and new events such as:

A Babblers and SCBG meeting in Santa Barbara for a fun run in Malibu hosted by Robert Grant and SCBG,

A drive around the track at California Speedway, Imagine the group photo of a hundred Boxsters on the Track! Dinner at Dave and Busters.

Optional PCA Drivers Ed at California Speedway

New Las Vegas hotels, The Sahara at $69 per night single or double, Our favourite Monte Carlo at $129 or The deluxe Mandalay Bay at $209.

Las Vegas kicks off with a welcome party at the famous RUMJUNGLE at Mandalay Bay, A Poker Run on Saturday, a Tech Session at Gaudin Porsche with speakers from Porsche, the TBHL Six Gala dinner and more!

So far we know of a date conflict for only one west coaster who had planned to defect, er attend BRBS this year. Please contact me immediately if there are any others affected by the above dates.

Look forward to seeing you all at TBHL 6
Cheers

Billster

THE BOXSTERS HAVE LANDED - SIX
Old December 15th, 2002, 11:43 PM   #2
Magic Mtn Dan

Oh boy - there's nothing like a "Malibu fun run" with Robert Grant

to make you want to not do that again.

Sorry Billster but it wouldn't be high on my to-do list if I were considering TBHL. I'm glad to see TBHL 6 happening but I'd skip the Malibu portion of it. You'd be much better off doing a World's Lowest Boxsterfest in Death Valley (Furnace Creek) or something else.

I've done the Malibu "fun runs" with Robert and it pales in comparison to the BABBLERS drives.

That's my two cents. Others will have theirs.

Hey, who's that guy in the front? (in the blue shirt holding the paper - not the guy in the light blue jeans with his hands in his pants)

Old December 16th, 2002, 10:43 AM   #3
Jackie in the Boxster S

My $.02 Regarding Robert's Malibu Runs

I have gone on Robert's Malibu runs and have always had a great time!

People come from all over Southern California and beyond. Take a look at the number of people in the picture. Robert's runs are popular because: 1) Safety is stressed in both the morning and lunch time briefings - Robert has been driving competitively for many years and is more conscious of safety issues than most of us; 2) Two groups are formed (fast and slow) so that everyone can drive at a pace that is comfortable for them; 3) The Malibu area is beautiful; 4) The twisty roads are PERFECT for Boxsters - Robert grew up in the area and knows the nuances of all the routes; 5) Malibu is within a reasonable proximity of Santa Barbara.

We would be lucky if Robert volunteers to lead the group on a drive. Remember, you are welcome to participate or not participate on any portion of the TBHL activities.

Jackie
Old December 16th, 2002, 10:22 PM   #4
JB

Never been on one of Robert's Malibu Runs...

...but they sure sound like fun. Not to say Babbler events aren't fun either

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman