Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old March 27th, 2004, 08:48 PM   #1
Jinster

Boxster alarm install help

Hello Everyone:

I have just recently purchased a 1997 Boxster Tip. So I am a complete newbie at this. I have searched the web for how to install an alarm into the Boxster but found nothing. Can someone please help?

I have previously installed an alarm with remote central locking and remote start into my Mazda MX6 myself, but I had wiring diagrams and everything for the MX6. I don't have it for the Boxster. Is the Boxster particularly difficult?

I don't want to leave my Boxster to those "pro" installers becoz I have read how easily clips and stuff can break when removing the door panels, etc. I'd rather do it myself if possible.

I would like to know what needs to be removed, which wires to tap into, etc. Any help is appreciated, thank you in advance.

Cheers,
Jin
Jinster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2004, 10:57 PM   #2
Tom M
Site Founder

Congratulations! One place to get help on highly technical stuff is over at http://www.renntech.org as they're focused on (as you may have guessed) technical discussions. One of the people over there also owns a 97 Boxster and knows his way around things quite well.

Have you checked out the upcoming BoxsterFest in Lake Tahoe this May?
'11 958 Cayenne S
Tom M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2004, 02:22 AM   #3
Jinster

BoxsterFest, sounds great. But I am in Australia.

Thanks for the pointer to renntech. I am actually posting this there as well. Thought I can get more expertice that way.

Cheers
Jinster is offline   Reply With Quote

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman