Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old February 17th, 2001, 10:42 PM   #1
Dave Stewart

Anyone use Ken's Sportech in Campbell for service?

If so, how do you feel about them?
Old February 19th, 2001, 10:15 AM   #2
Bruce

Re: Anyone use Ken's Sportech in Campbell for service?

I have known Ken for about 15 years he is great and fare on pricing He also lowered my 99 Boxster be fore anyone was doing it. He also maintained my 86 Carrera Cab.

Tell Him Bruce Yougn Said HI.

Bruce
Old February 19th, 2001, 09:37 PM   #3
"Foosball" Brian Harrington

What does Petguy2U refer to?

Just outta curiousity
Old February 19th, 2001, 09:39 PM   #4
Magic Mtn Dan

Bruce owns a discount pet store, Bogies, here in Fremont

together with his wife Chris. I was there today - it's a great place (the building used to be a Post Office).
Old February 22nd, 2001, 02:33 AM   #5
watchman

Ken did work on my previous Porsches, and it was always reasonably priced and top notch.

... watchman
Old February 22nd, 2001, 03:25 AM   #6
Magic Mtn Dan

I just called there today and Ken is no longer the owner...

Mark now owns the place - he worked for Ken and bought it from Ken. He sounds knowledgeable and seems to know what he's talking about.
Old February 25th, 2001, 08:49 PM   #7
Dave Stewart

I dropped my S there on Friday, about 9:30. By 11 I'd gotten an estimate, and a good description of the problem. They said that I'd cracked the bead between the tubes and radiator, not punctured the case (good news for the rest of you, actually. No need to file off the screw point.) It's about 3-4 hours of work, plus a couple hundred for the radiator. They couldn't finish on Friday because they hadn't pre-ordered the new radiator for me. My decision, trying to save a few bucks. So far, I feel like I've been well treated. We'll see how it looks upon delivery.

I didn't talk with anyone about who owns the garage now, but Mark is clearly the main point of customer contact.

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman