Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old August 9th, 2002, 03:20 AM   #1
Bruce from Fremont

Side Marker

I need the site for the side marker hack.

Thanks

Bruce
Old August 9th, 2002, 05:56 AM   #2
David Sumners

Re: Side Marker

Do you mean this?

http://wa4ekg.home.att.net/996mods/sidemarkermod.html
Old August 9th, 2002, 06:36 AM   #3
Oggie (on Long Island)

I did this. It is so cool. *NM*

Old August 9th, 2002, 06:45 AM   #4
David Sumners

Re: I did this. It is so cool.

Been looking at doing it, how long did it take you?
Old August 9th, 2002, 07:25 AM   #5
Oggie (on Long Island)

i did it about a year ago...

it was definitely less than 1 hr (maybe 45 mins). Quite easy and no risk. I have a couple of hints regarding the wire splices and connections that will make for more secure connections than what the instructions specify. If you'd like to e-mail to me your phone number, I can call you and go over those with you. Also, I think the instructions call for 18 guage wire, which is a bit hard to find. You can use thicker wire, but I spent a lot of time looking for 18 ga black wire. Finally found it at Radio Shack.
Old August 9th, 2002, 07:26 AM   #6
Oggie (on Long Island)

Correction, instructions call for 20ga wire, which is hard to find *NM*

Old August 12th, 2002, 12:11 PM   #7
David Sumners

Re: i did it about a year ago...

Hey , when you did this did you change to the clear bulbs that flash amber? If so were you able to source the bulbs somewhere in the states. I am only finding that I can order them from Singapore.....
Old August 12th, 2002, 01:06 PM   #8
Oggie (on Long Island)

amber bulbs

I had already changed the side markers before I did this hack. However, the clear side markers I got came with the amber bulbs. I assume the amber bulbs are readily available here in the U.S. so that i can replace mine when they burn out (probably in 10 years, at the rate I use my car). I bought my side markers from Hendrick Porsche in North Carolina (800-315-8193). They are very knowledgeable and should be able to help you.

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman