Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old July 10th, 2005, 10:01 PM   #1
ajgonzales

Rear Spoiler

I just purchased a 1999 Boxster and I asked the previous owner how the rear spoiler came up and he replied "it does not, only the Boxster S spoiler is retractable". Well this afternoon I was driving around and the spoiler was up! How did this happen and where is the switch to put it up & down? Please help with this. The vehicle did not come with an owners manual.
ajgonzales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2005, 10:08 PM   #2
Docdanracy

Exclamation up and down

The spoiler on all Boxsters goes up when your speed exceeds 75-76 MPH.
It retracts automatically when your speed goes below ~55mph. You apparently bought your car from a very uneducated owner.
There is also a switch on the lower left kick panel. On the drivers side next to your left calf there is a black plastic panel cover. Underneath this panel are some of the vehicle's fuses. Also on the front of this panel ~2/3 of the way down is a small manual override switch. If you turn on the ignition you can deploy the spoiler to clean it or to put it up at a lower speed..
Hope this helps.
Docdanracy is offline   Reply With Quote

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman