Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old September 2nd, 2001, 01:16 PM   #1
Ca Crusin

Pirelli Pzero Tires

My sidewalls from about 1 inch from the rim to the edge of the tread are turning kindy whitish. My wife had used a tire black after we got the new S and hasn't redone in a couple of months. Is the tire black causing the whitish of the sidewall or is this just the Pzero's? Anyone else experience this? I guess we need to continue to use the tire black. I think it armour all brand.
Thanks
Old September 5th, 2001, 11:17 AM   #2
"Foosball" Brian Harrington (SJ,CA)

Re: Pirelli Pzero Tires

Armor All products can definitely contribute to sidewall discoloration. You need to use a tire dressing that doesn't contain silicone.

Typically the discoloration is more brownish, but I think you can probably chalk this up to the Armor All.

Silicone products do produce a great shine, but you pay the price for it later. Definitely do not use their stuff in your interior.

Scrub the tires well next time you clean them and spray on a good tire dressing like One Grand E.R.V. and the discoloration will go away and stay away. Might take a few applications over time though.

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman