Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old May 20th, 2003, 09:15 AM   #1
Rich Lamb

carpet installation

I had an accident with my boxster 2 months ago (rear-ended on 680!). Part of the repair was replacing the interior carpet, which suffered a very bad coffee spill in the accident.
I was looking in the driver's side under the dash yesterday and noticed that the new carpet stops at the point where the steering column enters the firewall, leaving some of the underlying insulation visible. I've attached a picture to show you what it looks like.

Since I only have one boxster, I can't tell if that is normal. Can any of you confirm that this is normal or not? Mine is a 97.
I hate to be picky, but there have been too many problems related to this repair work due to the accident to let anything slide.
Thanks for your help, and please don't sprain anything looking under the dashboard!

Old May 20th, 2003, 02:43 PM   #2
Mark ( Livermore, CA )

Re: carpet installation

Rich,

I have a 97 too, mine looks the same
Old May 20th, 2003, 03:49 PM   #3
Rich Lamb

Thanks for confirming it *NM*

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman