Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old February 2nd, 2009, 03:21 PM   #1
ChrisZang

Yes there ARE nice CHP cops out there

So this Saturday I was being pulled over after "speeding" (71 mph) on 92 East (55 mph limit between 280 and 101) by a CHP officer. I did all the right things: keep hands on steering wheel until he was next to me, did not get in an argument over my speed, remained nice and friendly, had license, insurance and registration and what happens?
The CHP officer is nice and friendly too (take that for advise Peer )
Quote: "I don't want to ruin your Saturday, you have a nice fast car and you seem to be a cool guy". So he let me get away with a fix-it ticket for my missing front license plate instead of a speeding ticket

The big question remains: what would have happened IF I actually had a front license plate...
2009 Carrera 4S "Kelsey", PDK, Sport Chrono Plus, CF GT2 seats, 31k miles
ChrisZang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2009, 05:33 PM   #2
RaisedOnPorsches

I heard that the fix-it ticket penalties were bumped up significantly this year. It is no moving violation, but watchout for potential fees.
Sport Package
Hard Top
Roof Transport System
Speedster Humps

http://www.iwirep.com/wp-content/the...3f-xtsmall.png
iWireP: iPod Connector Cables for 986/996
RaisedOnPorsches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2009, 07:25 PM   #3
Tom S

You are correct. The head of PR for the CHP in this area is a big Porsche and car fan. Check the Babbler gallerys for Turbo CHP cars.

We will have another CHP Porsche surprise this June at the Palo Alto Concours.

Tom S
Tom S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2009, 08:44 PM   #4
BoxsterBob - San Carlos

Nice job of contextual ad banner placement.
Old February 4th, 2009, 01:11 PM   #5
Grantsfo

My past 3 encounters with CHP all have resulted in warnings.

I was doing 90 MPH south bound on wide open strech of HWY 1 between Halfmoon Bay and Davenport with no traffic and nice CHP guy caught me with his radar. I was sure my goose was cooked. He let me off with a warning.

Was chasing an S2000 into a turn into Felton at 60 MPH in a 40 MPH zone and CHP had just pulled onto road in other direction he flipped a U turn. I thought I was a goner for sure. Ended up being CHP spokesman for Santa Cruz County and he ended up hanging out talking with me about the car. His name was Grant too. Another warning.

Was doing 75 MPH on Hwy 1 into Santa Cruz another wide open section of road and was pulled over again by a CHP who was hiding with a radar. I put both hands on wheel opened passenger side window. He said how did you know to open passenger side window? I said I have relatives in law enforcement. Another warning.

I think its time to be nasty as I feel guilty for not paying my fair share of driving taxes! LOL!

...Oh wait I wasnt in the Boxster and was doing 50 MPH in a 40 MPH zone on a 3 lane section of Tasman and Milpitas Police gleefully wrote me a ticket for going 10 MPH over the limit. I was bad and wrote that he couldnt provide me with radar reading on ticket before I signed. He was not happy. Seemed to really catch him off gaurd as I was very nice about everything.

As a side note I have seen many more CHP on the roads lately. saw about 5 cars pulled over on my commute in to work today.
Old February 4th, 2009, 09:07 PM   #6
ChrisZang

no biggie, it's $25 now, still beats the heck out of a moving violation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaisedOnPorsches View Post
I heard that the fix-it ticket penalties were bumped up significantly this year. It is no moving violation, but watchout for potential fees.
Old February 4th, 2009, 09:08 PM   #7
Docdanracy

Hey Chris, you aren't giving up on track and AX, are you?
a little birdy told me you traded your track wheels/tires for streeters.

I know too many people....
Docdanracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2009, 09:11 PM   #8
ChrisZang

Yes they're really out there:
A buddy of mine with no front license plate was driving today on a local street in Santa Clara, Cops drives towards him on the other side of the road, U-turns and pulls him over ONLY for the missing front license plate.
So far I never heard of being pulled over just for that, just as "icing on the cake" for another citation.
Well the budget crisis also seems to include law enforcement...

On a VERY related note: I just put my front license plate back on, that looks soooooooo ugly
Old February 4th, 2009, 10:25 PM   #9
RaisedOnPorsches

most of the rice rockets around here keep their front plate on the dash instead of on the front bumper...

...then again that is usually because their cheap-o aftermarket fiberglass bumpers are all busted up from street racing and bad parking jobs.
Sport Package
Hard Top
Roof Transport System
Speedster Humps

http://www.iwirep.com/wp-content/the...3f-xtsmall.png
iWireP: iPod Connector Cables for 986/996
RaisedOnPorsches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2009, 05:56 PM   #10
Snaxster

Quote:
Yes they're really out there... Well the budget crisis also seems to include law enforcement...
I have seen it too, Chris. Yesterday they were giving them out like Halloween candy all up and down 280. Cars, SUVs, bikes... everyone was getting the tickets.

Quote:
On a VERY related note: I just put my front license plate back on, that looks soooooooo ugly
I don't notice mine while I'm driving. And I don't care what anyone else thinks of it!

Best,

Snaxster
Snaxster is offline   Reply With Quote

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman