Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old March 31st, 2002, 04:12 PM   #1
Paul in CA

Thank You Babblers for a nice Sunday dirve!

x99Shark, June, Tool Pants, Jay, and all, it was very nice meeting you. We had a blast. Looking forward to more joint 996 and 986 drives!

More pics
Old March 31st, 2002, 04:52 PM   #2
Tool Pants

And thanks to the 996s

We had 10 Porsches at the start but Scott could not make the drive. 5 boxsters, 1 968 na (I offered to rearrange the numbers), and 4 996s.

We started in Redwood City - to Pescadero - to Bonney Doon - to Felton.

Good job to Ed for leading, and we need to find a porta potty for June that will fit in the trunk of a boxster.

Jeff, with a few more rev limits.
Old March 31st, 2002, 05:24 PM   #3
Loren

Jeff to answer your question...

about the rear speakers on 996's without the door speakers (or HiPerf sound).
Your question intigued me. So on the way home I turned the fader control and I heard the sound change from front to back (at least I think I did)... so just to make sure when I got home I took off one of the rear speaker covers and... I found a speaker!

HaHa - you made me look
Loren
Old March 31st, 2002, 05:31 PM   #4
PT

Re: And thanks to the 996s

Man I missed out again. Too many things to do around the house. Maybe next time. Nice pictures.
Old March 31st, 2002, 06:15 PM   #5
June Moore

It was great to be back

After almost a year with no runs with the Babblers. I will be happy to consider the purchase of any porta potty that would fit in the trunk. It's not our fault the Winery was closed
Old March 31st, 2002, 07:53 PM   #6
Tool Pants

Your Babbler name is airborne loren

Take those rear speakers out to make you lighter and go faster. Then the spare, then the gas, then the washer fluid, then the sun roof, then the rear seats, then the battery, then helium in the tires.

Jeff, not spider /// \

Pic by Paul

Old March 31st, 2002, 09:43 PM   #7
Jay in SF

Good to meet you guys too Paul!

damn that was fun!

we should do that more often.

dont know if you noticed but we were also joined by a black boxster midway through highway 17.
Old March 31st, 2002, 10:46 PM   #8
Catalog Guy

Looked like a fun day and I'm sorry I missed the drive *NM*

http://www.bumperdumper.com
Old March 31st, 2002, 10:52 PM   #9
x99shark

Thanks for the great company

It was a great time and a very fun group. Nice meeting you 966 (and 968) guys and seeing Bushwacker June, Manilla Jay, Toopants, the fastest screwdriver in the west, again. I hope we can do it again soon.

cheers
-Ed
Old March 31st, 2002, 11:15 PM   #10
Tool Pants

That is funny - but I think June wants a bike rack back there *NM*

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman