Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old July 31st, 2002, 03:00 AM   #1
Danny

Brake Pads...Which one?

What is the best brake pads to use with cross-drilled rotors?
Old July 31st, 2002, 08:33 AM   #2
HP in SF

Check out Trygve's site... *NM*

Boxster Brakes by Trygve Isaacson
Old July 31st, 2002, 09:28 AM   #3
Kevin C. (Saratoga, CA)

Re: Brake Pads...Which one?

For the street there's nothing wrong with the stock pads. They work great. For the track, I use Pagid Orange pads. They last a lot longer under the extreme conditions of the track. The Oranges are also OK on the street, but they squeal more than the stock pads.

I don't think the drilled rotors affects the choice of pads.
Old July 31st, 2002, 10:59 AM   #4
HP in SF

Re: Brake Pads...Which one?

Hey Kevin, after 18500 miles of aggressive braking and 5 track days, my front pads look pretty worn. Should I change just my pads or should I also change the rotors?
Old July 31st, 2002, 11:43 AM   #5
Kevin C. (Saratoga, CA)

Your rotors are probably fine...

A simple heuristic is that you should wear through at least 2-3 sets of stock pads before needing to change the rotors. But it's not very hard to measure the actual rotor wear. The S front rotors start out at 28mm in width, and have 2mm of allowable wear. You can buy a cheap measuring caliper at Sears which will allow you the check the actual thickness of the rotor.
Old July 31st, 2002, 01:43 PM   #6
HP in SF

Thanks! I will do just that. *NM*

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman