Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old October 8th, 2003, 10:12 AM   #1
Moni

bras

hi!
anyone have a recommendation for the best bras for the boxster?
i've seen colgan--it looks pretty good.

what about the clear plastic/ (?) that can be put on the front? i'm not sure i like the look of it, though...

i'm doing a lot of highway driving and i just got a nice rock ding on my hood
Old October 8th, 2003, 11:36 AM   #2
John Bonfiglio

Re: bras

I had the Clear Armor put on my car when I bought it about a month ago. I am happy with it. My car is black. My boss just bought a MY 04 C4S cab. and had it put on also. His is Seal Grey and it seams to stand out a little more. I think it depends on the body color of the car as to the notice ability. On my MY 00 Boxster S I bought the Speed Lingerie bra which was body colored. It was very nice, very expensive and a pain in the rear to have to take off and put on. I vote for Clear Armor.
Old October 8th, 2003, 01:06 PM   #3
KevinS

I would probably go with the clear film stuff (3M Scotchal, Invisishield, etc.) but I think that it should go on when the car is new. That is ideal. It can go on on an older car but the paint should be very good otherwise dings and chips would probably wind up showing more through the film.

I got a Colgan that doesn't go over the fenders and it's okay. I wouldn't say the fit is perfect but it works well enough for road trips.
Old October 8th, 2003, 03:22 PM   #4
jaime howell

if you are close to fremont you can have my porsche bra as is do not use it...
Old October 9th, 2003, 11:32 AM   #5
moni

kevin--i'm too far away!! :-b
i live in los angeles. thanks, though!

i'm going to see what my options are. my car is yellow, and the invisishield is pretty visible on other yellow cars i/ve seen it on.

i'll keep you posted...
Old October 10th, 2003, 05:22 PM   #6
DCT

Re: bras and chip repair?

I wish I'd gotten a bra and/or one of the clear cover things when I bought my boxster 3 years ago.

Does anyone have a recommendation for where/how to have all my car's little paint chips on the hood "repaired"?

Thanks,

dct

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman