Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Car Talk

Car Talk For topics and discussions about all makes and models

Old February 2nd, 2010, 03:49 PM   #1
offshore

Thunderhill In March

Anyone going to the PCA GGR track event at Thunderhill in March? I'm going but haven't decide on just a Friday event or Friday Saturday.
offshore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2010, 04:59 PM   #2
Docdanracy

I will be there watching everyone from the tower Making sure you all behave. And calling Black Flags on the ones that don't
My duties are greatly expanded during CR weekends....have to do Racecontrol for both portions of the event....CR sessions are much more stressful (even in the tower), and require a more focused frame of mind.
Since this will be a club race weekend along with DE/TT, I would suggest trying to at least stay and watch on Sunday.
I haven't seen the exact schedule yet, but there is going to be an hour long Enduro race sometime during the weekend, along with the sprint races on Saturday and Sunday.
I am sure there will be a gaggle of Spec Boxsters for the races as well as many streetable Boxsters doing DE/TT.
Should be at least 8-10 Spec Boxs there...I know most of them very well.
Probably will have some up from Socal area and some down from Washington and Oregon like last year.
With the addition of the Enduro, we should have more club racers in attendance.
Docdanracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2010, 04:23 PM   #3
wilson1

According to this: http://www.pca.org/Activities/Driver...Standards.aspx

Will a Boxster have to get an rollbar extension or will the standard loop be adequate for the Trackday?
wilson1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2010, 05:16 PM   #4
Docdanracy

Open Cars: Any make of car delivered with factory installed roll over protection meets the minimum standards for PCA DE events. In these cars the soft top must be in the up position or the hard top installed.

If a car does not have factory installed roll over protection,a roll bar must be installed, which meets the "broomstick" rule (the driver's helmeted head is below a bar placed on top of the rollbar and windshield). All targa tops must be installed unless there is addition roll over protection. All sunroofs must be in the closed position. The windshield alone is not considered to be factory roll over protection.

your stock roll hoops are perfectly acceptable as long as your top is in the up position
See paragraph in red above.
Docdanracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2010, 10:29 PM   #5
wilson1

Thanks for the answer , Dan!

I wasn't quite sure, if the broomstick rule will apply to stock boxsters too, as most average height guys will probably failed with the broomstick once you put on the helmet, you will go higher than the bar. So it's great i don't have to worry bout getting the Brey-Krause extension. I wondered if it's the same running with the NASA folks.

Btw, how do i find out what the cost is for the trackdays?
I saw it listed on PCA but no pricing.
Old February 4th, 2010, 08:12 AM   #6
offshore

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilson1 View Post
Thanks for the answer , Dan!

I wasn't quite sure, if the broomstick rule will apply to stock boxsters too, as most average height guys will probably failed with the broomstick once you put on the helmet, you will go higher than the bar. So it's great i don't have to worry bout getting the Brey-Krause extension. I wondered if it's the same running with the NASA folks.

Btw, how do i find out what the cost is for the trackdays?
I saw it listed on PCA but no pricing.
Wilson1 go here https://www.motorsportreg.com/ sign up and the prices, schedule and registration are all done at the site.
offshore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2010, 08:12 PM   #7
wilson1

Thanks!

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Car Talk