Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Car Talk

Car Talk For topics and discussions about all makes and models

Old August 17th, 2018, 02:10 PM   #1
Wangta

Mechanic Recommendations for Boxster Cam Adjuster Pads

Does anyone have a good recommendation for getting my cam sliders/chain tensioner pads replaced (and perhaps cam solenoids) on my '01 Boxster S?

I've brought it to a couple shops for general suspension work, but been told they don't tear into engines.

Would attempt to do this myself and drop the engine, but don't have the room to do so!

Any recommendations/suggestions would be appreciated!
Wangta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2018, 07:55 PM   #2
thom4782

Two places...you're probably looking at $5K+...replacing the internal chain rails is something like a 20 to 25 job plus parts, fluids, etc. Facing this same issue with my 01S. Thay are:

German Motor Works in San Carlos

The Renn Shop in Mountain View

If you are talking about the variocam pads, then the price is a lot lower...$1.5K and the job can be done with the engine in the car. Just need to remove the valve covers.
thom4782 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2018, 08:06 AM   #3
CatalogGuy

That sounds like good info. If you are in the east bay, I would also contact Pacific Power Motorsports in Walnut Creek.
CatalogGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Car Talk