Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old August 18th, 2003, 07:21 PM   #1
Dan (san Jose)

new performance tires

I have been given the extremely tough job of trying out a new Dunlop performance tire for my Boxster.
They are called Dunlop SP Super Sport Race. This is an "R" rated tire with a 60 wear rating. These tires are not yet available to the general public in the U.S.
The best part of the whole deal is that they were given to me free, all I will have to do is give Dunlop feed back about tire pressures, wear, performance wet and dry, overall comparison to Michelins and Kumhos etc. After myself and several other lucky Porsche owners give them our feed back they will act accordingly. I will keep the Babblers informed of my efforts and will be interested in finding out the cost per tire and how it compares with other available "R" tires.
Old August 21st, 2003, 08:12 PM   #2
Clayton in Walnut Creek

do they need other test subjects?

How do we find out?
Old August 21st, 2003, 08:39 PM   #3
Dan (san Jose)

Re: do they need other test subjects?

Unfortunately, at this time there is only a small group that has the tires. I believe it is something like 6-8 of GGR members that were approached about the testing. All of this was arranged ~2 months ago. We just received our tires last week ( at least I did). Looking forward to getting them on the car to compare to the A032RS I USED TO run.
If looks are worth anything, these should be great tires. Nice looking tread pattern, side wall with rim protection bead, directional tread.

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman