Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old December 2nd, 2002, 06:29 PM   #1
Rich Lamb

Loud tire noise

I need help with a tire problem. I have started to notice a loud noise from the tires, especially on the freeway. I have Bridgestone Potenza re730's, about 1/2 of tread remaining. Searching the web, I've found others reporting this problem with the tire. One source mentioned that the noise was caused by un-even tread wear.
Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a solution short of replacing the tires?
P.S. I'll soon be getting a new stereo system for my boxster at Paris Audio (amp + speakers, anyway). I really enjoyed the AudioFest earlier this year - it really helped me decide what I needed to improve the sound. I'd really like to get rid of the tire noise before doing the stereo if possible.

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman