Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old November 10th, 2018, 09:22 PM   #1
aocayman

Arrow After a crash

Has anyone experienced a situation after you have been in a crash though it may be a minor crash from the rear, your cayman will drive for a while and then shut off and have to pull by the road side. This is what I am currently experiencing. The airbag light came on even though it did not deploy. The car will move for a bit and then shut off. Could this be as a result of the airbag light?
aocayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2018, 09:51 AM   #2
Snowlady

aocayman-
I work in the collision industry. Did you take the car to a certified Porsche body shop? Because if you did, you probably wouldnt be having these issues. Id go right back to the shop who repaired it and have them do a post repair scan. Its pretty standard but a lot of insurance companies refuse to pay for. More than likely the computer is confused because it wasnt reset or you have sensor issues. If there was a scan done then, id take it to a Porsche shop as it may not be collision related.
Snowlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2018, 12:45 PM   #3
aocayman

Thank you for your response, I should be getting the car back next week but I will remember to ask for the scan and reset.
aocayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2019, 09:00 PM   #4
luisfred

Sometimes I'm more comfortable with stick when I need full control over my car. I have got one with stick and I just love it. Not that I don't love my latest one, but the one with the stick was my first love. Very few people prefer stick now and I'm glad to know that you feel comfortable driving one. tree care
luisfred is offline   Reply With Quote

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman