Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old February 20th, 2012, 06:55 PM   #1
Saw76

Red face Yet another Lock Alarm question

(2000 Boxster factory alarm)
Hey guys and gals,
I was wondering. My key head remote stopped working and I'm about to order a new one on payday. Ive re -soldered the buttons on a few times and was able to save it for a while but its finally done. ok so when it was working I pushed the unlock or lock button and the central locking system would lock all doors (including gas door and ativate the in car motion sensors) and the light would blinky blinky on the dash. Now with out the remote and just using the key to lock or unlock I cant get the gas door to lock.
Now is the alarm armed a special way with the key ? Or is there something special I have to do ? If I turn the key twice to lock I get one horn honk a solid light on the dash for a few seconds and then a normal blink. I do not have durametric to run tests but that will be ordered on payday soon. I think all door triggers are working, It just seems like the alarm is in bypass or something.
Any help, suggestions or info would be great
Thanks alot
Seth
Saw76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2012, 01:15 AM   #2
Saw76

77 veiws and not a reply. Ohh well , Guess Ill wait a few weeks for my Durametric software. Thanks anyways.
Old February 24th, 2012, 06:42 AM   #3
Tom M
Site Founder

You might find the answer over on renntech.org if you haven't already tried there.
'11 958 Cayenne S
Tom M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2012, 02:16 PM   #4
flintworks

The horn honk indicates the alarm control unit thinks something is open (door, trunk, radio, fuel door, etc.) You may need a new fuel door lock actuator.
http://www.flintworksauto.com/porsche
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter
flintworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2012, 02:28 PM   #5
Saw76

Thank you Alden

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old April 1st, 2013, 10:29 AM   #6
Velofan

Just saw your post. Did you get this solved? Actually, your post says that you turned the key twice, and got the beep, and then solid light, and then the regular blink. Tis is the signal for the lock with alarm but no interior motion sensor.

This is the mode in which I leave my 2000 Boxster, after a few nights of alarm going off after midnight. Because I have a battery maintainer 24/7 when not driving, the battery is fine. My guess (with the help of other posts) is that an insect after dark inside the car is tripping the motion sensor. With alarmed doors but not the motion sensor, so far so good.
Velofan is offline   Reply With Quote

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman