Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old November 22nd, 2016, 07:38 AM   #1
Gary McNair

Where's the water going?

I have a 1999 Boxster w/ 48,000 miles. I've owned it for 12 years. A few years back the low water light came on, I added water, all's well. Two weeks ago the low water light came on again, I added water, thought all's well - not so fast Kemosabby. Water light came on again. No indication of leakage, power is still there.
Ideas ?
Gary
Granbury, TX
Gary McNair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2016, 04:08 PM   #2
mikefocke

Weeping around the bearing of the water pump?
Pinhole leak from rust in the radiators (how long since the bumper was removed and they were cleaned?).
Age related crack in the tube leading from the overflow tank to the block?
Age related seepage past the seals in the cap on the oveflow/fill tank? Is it the latest rev of the cap?
Checked the color of the oil?
Crack in the head (checked the color of the plugs?)?
mikefocke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2016, 07:10 AM   #3
Gary McNair

Thanks Mike
All good places to start.
Gary
Gary McNair is offline   Reply With Quote

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman