Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Car Talk

Car Talk For topics and discussions about all makes and models

Old November 19th, 2008, 11:40 AM   #31
dedes

Talking OK....here is the situation...

I spoke to Jennifer at Flying Lizards today on the phone. She said ...right now would not be a good time for us to see the facility, no cars to see, down time for them (off season) etc.

It would benefit us more if we wait till the end of January or beginning of February 2009, when they get their new cars in. Jennifer could not give me actual dates or times right now. I will be contacting her early January to see what dates would be available for Flying Lizards.

I will let you know!!

Last edited by dedes; November 19th, 2008 at 08:45 PM.
dedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2008, 07:09 AM   #32
dedes

Quote:
Originally Posted by dedes View Post
I spoke to Jennifer at Flying Lizards today on the phone. She said ...right now would not be a good time for us to see the facility, no cars to see, down time for them (off season) etc.

It would benefit us more if we wait till the end of January or beginning of February 2009, when they get their new cars in. Jennifer could not give me actual dates or times right now. I will be contacting her early January to see what dates would be available for Flying Lizards.

I will let you know!!

so pencil in the end of January and first of Feb (weekends) on your calendars.... and keep your fingers crossed that I can pull this off for all of you bay area peeps!

Last edited by dedes; January 7th, 2009 at 03:10 PM.
Old January 7th, 2009, 02:57 PM   #33
dedes

Talking I did not forget........

Here is the latest....Flying Lizard Porsche cars have arrived, Daytona testing is over and Flying Lizard Motorsports staff are back from vacation/holiday. And I am getting back to you like I promised about the tour.

As requested from Jennifer Hart of FLM I have sent a email reminder to her today about the tour for January/February. My gut feeling it will be in February. I am also suggesting that the tour would be on a weekend day. I also have Mark Powell from GGR-PCA involved with this well. As soon as we hear back, I will let you know. I know FLM will do their best to accomodate us as soon as possible. Hope you understand and be patient...racing has a busy schedule!!
Cheers!

Last edited by dedes; January 7th, 2009 at 03:54 PM.
Old March 18th, 2009, 03:22 PM   #34
dedes

Looks like end of April ????

Just to let you know....Flying Lizard schedule is extremely busy now and it has not been easy to pin them down for a tour of their facility. I do not want to pressure FLM...so bare with me on this endeavor, it will happen asap.
Thanks!

Below is the latest from Flying Lizard Motorsports, Jennifer Hart VP of Marketing.

Dede – The cars left last week and will not return until after Long Beach.
The earliest that this could happen would be end of April.

I will check with our crew chief.

We aren’t set up to do tours and the shop is not open to the public, so this is something that we would do just for your group. But logistically it is complicated so it’s not an easy thing for us to do.

I’ll get back to you.
Thanks
Jen
Old March 24th, 2009, 03:55 PM   #35
German Alfista

I'm actually rather happy about the latest update . . . June would work pretty well for me and seems like an interesting way to kick off my official relationship w/Porsche.
German Alfista is offline   Reply With Quote

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Car Talk