Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Regions > Drives and Meetups

Drives and Meetups Plan a drive or meetup with other drivers


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old July 19th, 2009, 08:28 AM   #1
dedes
Senior Member
 
dedes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: San Francisco Bay Area, Emerald Hills, Ca
Posts: 1,953
Cool PORSCHE BRUNCH, August 1st, 2009

MARK YOUR CALENDAR

You don't want to miss this Saturday August 1st!


Anyone can join the group. It will be a great weekend for brunch.


GGR PCA Boxster/Porsche Brunch 2009
Saturday, August 1st, 2009
Any Porsche invited

Alices Restaurant 10am Hwy 35 @ 84 Woodside Ca
We will meet in the back of Alice's in the private dining room area.
(This will be a good time to discuss future drives/tours)


Our hosts: George & Carol Giralou's Boxster




Alice's Restaurant
17288 Skyline BlvdWoodside
CA 94062
(650) 851-0303
Get directions - View larger map


"Its not just the cars, its the people."







Hope to see you! Come early to find a parking place
There is more parking across the street















Hope to see you all !
you better be there!
__________________
1997 Porsche Boxster "Pastel Yellow"
1995 Porsche 911 993 "Iris Blue Metallic"

Last edited by dedes; July 25th, 2009 at 09:48 PM.
dedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2009, 10:59 AM   #2
dedes
Senior Member
 
dedes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: San Francisco Bay Area, Emerald Hills, Ca
Posts: 1,953
Arrow Roll call please!!

Who will be there on Saturday?
__________________
1997 Porsche Boxster "Pastel Yellow"
1995 Porsche 911 993 "Iris Blue Metallic"
dedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2009, 12:11 PM   #3
BoxsterBob - San Carlos
Senior Member
 
BoxsterBob - San Carlos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: San Carlos, CA
Posts: 1,457
Joanie and I won't be there, but would like to extend an invite to all babblers to our Annual Beach Party at Pomponio State Beach (about 15 miles south of Half Moon Bay) after the brunch. We'll have volleyball set up and a great bunch of people. We had a few post-brunchers last year

__________________
BoxsterBob
'99 Boxster - 130k+ miles Ocean Blue/Black/Savanna Beige
BoxsterBob - San Carlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2009, 01:09 PM   #4
racegirl
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 53
Sigh, track day at Thunderhill... There are only these many weekends available in summer

Enjoy the brunch and the beach!
__________________
2002 Boxster S
Options: touring package, BOSE stereo, power seats
Mods: RoW M030, B&M short shifter, aluminum racing pedals, GAHH convertible top with glass rear window
Track setup: Toyo R888, Pagid pads: RS-29 yellow (front) & RS-14 black (rear)
racegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2009, 01:27 PM   #5
RaisedOnPorsches
Senior Member
 
RaisedOnPorsches's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Oakland, California
Posts: 276
I'll be there in spirit, but not in physical presence... I have a prior commitment so I cannot attend.

Enjoy!
-J
__________________
1999 Boxster,
Arctic Silver
& Boxster Red
Sport Package
Hard Top
Roof Transport System
Speedster Humps


http://www.iwirep.com/wp-content/the...3f-xtsmall.png
iWireP: iPod Connector Cables for 986/996
RaisedOnPorsches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2009, 03:16 PM   #6
bigb
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: South San Jose, CA
Posts: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxsterBob - San Carlos View Post
Joanie and I won't be there, but would like to extend an invite to all babblers to our Annual Beach Party at Pomponio State Beach (about 15 miles south of Half Moon Bay) after the brunch. We'll have volleyball set up and a great bunch of people. We had a few post-brunchers last year

Hmm, brunch and beach -- very tempting! To top it off, the chance to finally meet BB1, and have a fun drive along the way -- can't be beat.

Anyone else interested in driving to Pomponio beach after the brunch?
bigb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2009, 04:07 PM   #7
dedes
Senior Member
 
dedes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: San Francisco Bay Area, Emerald Hills, Ca
Posts: 1,953
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigb View Post
Hmm, brunch and beach -- very tempting! To top it off, the chance to finally meet BB1, and have a fun drive along the way -- can't be beat.

Anyone else interested in driving to Pomponio beach after the brunch?

I am attending both the brunch and Bob & Joanie's beach party. I wouldn't miss it! So much fun the last few years. I am bringing a couple of friends too. Kathleen my neighbor and another friend Armina from Silicon Valley. We can meet at Alice's and caravan down to Pomponio Beach. It's a potluck so bring something yummy! Check with BoxsterBob on what to bring.

I know Mary aka DreamMachines will be at the brunch and will caravan down to the beach too.

BTW, Kevin is cooking up a Cajun Boil of shrimp, red potatoes, sausage, small pcs of corn on the cob with seasonings, beach buckets full ...lol....I've been testing the food and I give it a high five!!!


Dede's friend Kathleen (neighbor), Dede and Joanie on the far right Cop in the back corner watching!

Do you notice something different?
__________________
1997 Porsche Boxster "Pastel Yellow"
1995 Porsche 911 993 "Iris Blue Metallic"
dedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2009, 06:08 PM   #8
SteveW
Senior Member
 
SteveW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Hayward, CA
Posts: 110
If our new car is in by then (Its currently in port so I'm not sure how long it will take to get to the dealer) Rhonda and I will be at the brunch.

Looking forward to no longer being Porsche-less

-Edit: 45 min after I posted this, the dealer called to let me know the car is in. So we will be there.

-Steve
__________________
Who needs mirrors? If they are behind me then I have already passed them and they are no longer my problem...

Last edited by SteveW; July 23rd, 2009 at 06:53 PM.
SteveW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2009, 11:31 PM   #9
DreamMachines
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 47
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by dedes View Post
I am attending both the brunch and Bob & Joanie's beach party. I wouldn't miss it! So much fun the last few years. I am bringing a couple of friends too. Kathleen my neighbor and another friend Armina from Silicon Valley. We can meet at Alice's and caravan down to Pomponio Beach. It's a potluck so bring something yummy! Check with BoxsterBob on what to bring.

I know Mary aka DreamMachines will be at the brunch and will caravan down to the beach too.

BTW, Kevin is cooking up a Cajun Boil of shrimp, red potatoes, sausage, small pcs of corn on the cob with seasonings, beach buckets full ...lol....I've been testing the food and I give it a high five!!!


Dede's friend Kathleen (neighbor), Dede and Joanie on the far right Cop in the back corner watching!

Do you notice something different?
How can I refuse such lovely and gracious invitations. Will be there.

And I may be wrong, but the answer to your question could be that you've replaced the amber front light coverings of your car(?)
DreamMachines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2009, 07:56 AM   #10
Paralizer
Senior Member
 
Paralizer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 899
I'll be attending both.
__________________
Paralizer 06 987S Atlas Grey/Black/Black
Paralizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  Porsche Babblers > Regions > Drives and Meetups



Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Canepa Design Tour after Porsche Boxster Brunch dedes Drives and Meetups 36 April 4th, 2009 10:14 PM
Made in Germany: The Porsche Success Story Admin Car Talk 0 June 2nd, 2008 07:50 AM
Porsche Brunch Saturday, August 4th @ 10 Am dedes Drives and Meetups 4 August 3rd, 2007 08:26 AM
Porsche Twin Turbo V-8! Magic Mtn Dan Boxster / Cayman 1 October 2nd, 2002 10:15 AM
Some interesting events occurred over the years on March 27th... Magic Mtn Dan Boxster / Cayman 2 March 22nd, 2002 04:06 PM

Google+


Copyright © 2001-2014 Babblers. All rights reserved.
Babblers is a Porsche Boxster and Cayman enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent Porsche of Stuttgart, Germany.