Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Regions > Drives and Meetups

Drives and Meetups Plan a drive or meetup with other drivers

Old August 17th, 2009, 05:31 PM   #1
Duster

Parade laps at Laguna Seca for the "Make a Wish Foundation"

Hi All,

This coming Saturday, August 22 at the POC races in Laguna Seca. The POC will be offering parade laps for $25.00 per car at lunch time for the "Make a Wish Foundation".

In past years we all met up at the parking lot in front of the Starbucks on 125 Bernal Rd. in San Jose at 9:00 am. We'll leave promptly at 9:30 am for a 2 hour scenic backroads drive to Laguna Seca.

Come join us, it's not just about doing a couple parade laps on the track, we're helping out a worthy charity and doing a nice backroads drive too.

I heard last year, it was 15 minute session on the track.

- Duster
Duster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2009, 06:39 PM   #2
PandaNin

I wish I could make it. We're having an event at Thunderhill 8/22 - 23. If anyone is close to T-hill and can't make it to Laguna, come play with us.
2005 Suzuki Hayabusa GSX1300R
1984 928S (stolen )
PandaNin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2009, 07:48 PM   #3
bigb

Hey Duster, howz it going? Last year we got about 11 laps (or was it 22 laps.... keep getting the #laps and #miles mixed up), much more than the prior year(s).

It'll be tough for me to attend this year as I'm planning to head to Sonoma with friends on Saturday, and then go to Infineon for a race on Sunday morning. Will try to see if I can make them wait till early afternoon -- fingers crossed.
bigb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2009, 10:57 AM   #4
Gerry

Hey Ray, I would love to go but I got to be @ Boswells on Friday night to watch Honey Circuit and you know how the night usually ends

If I get up early, I'll meet you there but if not...have fun and be safe

PCA/G.G.R. Member

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...09/4hbv4mc.jpg
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2009, 11:18 AM   #5
dedes

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigb View Post
It'll be tough for me to attend this year as I'm planning to head to Sonoma with friends on Saturday, and then go to Infineon for a race on Sunday morning. Will try to see if I can make them wait till early afternoon -- fingers crossed.
Me too Bigb...headed up the coast to Pt. Reyes on Saturday for a hike and Infineon on Sunday! Maybe we will see you there @ Infineon this Sunday!
Old August 18th, 2009, 11:20 AM   #6
dedes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duster View Post
Hi All,

This coming Saturday, August 22 at the POC races in Laguna Seca. The POC will be offering parade laps for $25.00 per car at lunch time for the "Make a Wish Foundation".

In past years we all met up at the parking lot in front of the Starbucks on 125 Bernal Rd. in San Jose at 9:00 am. We'll leave promptly at 9:30 am for a 2 hour scenic backroads drive to Laguna Seca.

Come join us, it's not just about doing a couple parade laps on the track, we're helping out a worthy charity and doing a nice backroads drive too.

I heard last year, it was 15 minute session on the track.

- Duster
Hi Duster...this sounds great, maybe next year! I am all for "Make a Wish Foundation". However, I will be at Infineon on Sunday.
Thanks for posting.
Lets post it on the Babblers calender next year as a reminder.
Old August 18th, 2009, 11:53 AM   #7
Duster

No problem, maybe next year.

I'll be the doing the Cherries DE at Laguna Seca on Sept. 26th, you can register on Motorsportsreg.com, along with the DE at Infineon with the GGR on Oct 11.

Come join us....
Old August 18th, 2009, 11:55 AM   #8
Duster

Quote:
Originally Posted by PandaNin View Post
I wish I could make it. We're having an event at Thunderhill 8/22 - 23. If anyone is close to T-hill and can't make it to Laguna, come play with us.
No problem, maybe next year.

I'll be the doing the Cherries DE at Laguna Seca on Sept. 26th, you can register on Motorsportsreg.com, along with the DE at Infineon with the GGR on Oct 11.

Come join us....
Old August 18th, 2009, 11:59 AM   #9
Duster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigb View Post
Hey Duster, howz it going? Last year we got about 11 laps (or was it 22 laps.... keep getting the #laps and #miles mixed up), much more than the prior year(s).

Yeah, I missed last year's event. I remember when we all went in 2007 and afterwards we had some Mexican food with Toolpants.

Have fun watching the Indy cars at Infineon!
Old August 18th, 2009, 12:12 PM   #10
Duster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry View Post
Hey Ray, I would love to go but I got to be @ Boswells on Friday night to watch Honey Circuit and you know how the night usually ends

If I get up early, I'll meet you there but if not...have fun and be safe
Yeah Gerry, we rocked the house with Honey Circuit last weekend at the Brit Arms. We'll probably see ya there at Boswells too.

The question is, if we can party on Friday nite and then do Laguna Seca the next morning. Why can't you? Anyways try to make it, it will be a lot of fun on the track!

Porsche Babblers > Regions > Drives and Meetups