Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old January 22nd, 2002, 07:27 PM   #1
Trygve Isaacson

GGR Time Trials -- rule change & tech inspection

For those Babblers who might consider participating in the PCA Golden Gate Region's Time Trial series for 2002, here's some new information that just came out. If I read it right, it's good news: now you can simply use the Brey-Krause seatbelt attachment for the inboard lap belt -- no need to drill a hole in the floor pan or tunnel for an eye bolt. The other tech requirements still apply, so you still need the B-K roll bar extension, harnesses for driver and passenger, and fire extinguisher.

( here's the B-K belt info: http://pca-ggr.org/rbcor2001.html )

The other piece of info I wanted to pass along is that the free annual tech inspection is happening this Saturday, this Sunday, and the following Saturday. (Check the web site for exact times & locations.) This is the best way to get your tech inspection over and done with, for free. You just arrive (have your helmet with you and your car all prepped), wait for your turn (shouldn't take too long), and get your tech sticker. If you don't take advantage of the free tech inspection dates, you have to go on your own some other time to one of the approved shops and pay them a small fee to check your car out. Even if you're not sure whether you want to do the Time Trials yet, the free tech inspection dates will save you some hassle if you decide to start later in the season.

Give it a try, come join GGR and a few of your fellow Babblers at the track!

tech inspection info
Old January 23rd, 2002, 09:13 AM   #2
Mark (Livermore, CA)

Thanks Trygve, I will get my car inspected at Kahlers on 2/2 *NM*

Old January 31st, 2002, 06:56 PM   #3
Kevin C. (Saratoga, CA)

How did the inspection go?

So, did you guys get your PCA tech. inspections? Any problems with the fire extinguisher mount location? Did they check that you could access it while belted in?
Old January 31st, 2002, 10:48 PM   #4
Trygve Isaacson

Going this weekend

Crossing fingers. If I have time, I'll move the f.e. to the drivers' side before I go (what a pointless pain), or maybe rig a hose-clamp thing on the rollbar or something.

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman