Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old April 2nd, 2001, 10:36 PM   #1
Magic Mtn Dan

West Coast Boxsterfest - a social event for Boxster owners...

and if you didn't make it, we wish you could have been there to enjoy it!

As you know by now, the West Coast Boxsterfest was this past weekend in Cambria, CA (about halfway between Los Angeles and San Francisco) on the California central coast. We were lucky to have wonderful weather, a lovely location, beautiful Boxsters, and pretty awesome people.

Friday night everyone arrived in Cambria, checked into their motels and met for dinner. People checked in, picked up their name tags, Hearst Castle Tour tickets and some bought terrific looking t-shirts:
http://www.babblers.org/noframes/merchandise.htm

Saturday folks went on morning and afternoon Hearst Castle tours (we bought over 150 tickets!) and some elected just to relax, go shopping in Cambria, go for a drive or a walk along the beach. At 3:15PM we all (well, almost all of us - we had about 45 Boxsters out of about 48) lined up and went on a dynamic drive up the hills and back down through a voluptuous valley with flowers and trees in bloom, cows, chickens, a stream, hills, along a twisty, winding road that saw an average speed of about 20MPH. If you ever get a chance to drive Santa Rosa Creek Road, do it - you'll be glad you did (thanks Eryn for suggesting it!).

Saturday night we met at the Cambria Pines Lodge for socializing and dinner. After drinks and dinner the prizes were given away. We had many prizes to hand out and thanks to the companies that supported the event (not in any special order: BumperPlugs.com, TracQuest.com, Performance Products, Claridges Porsche, Suncoast Porsche, Beverly Hills Porsche, Paris Audio, Niello Porsche, Anderson-Behel Porsche, Scott Brown Design, D2 Performance). Everyone was a winner since every driver took home at least two prizes.

Sunday we didn't make any plans so folks could sleep in (needed with the time change), and enjoy breakfast, the beach, town or driving. The time I invested in planning this event was absolutely worthwhile as I was rewarded with the company of many happy Boxster owners. I feel very lucky to have so many wonderful friends who just happen to drive the same incredible cars (funny how that works).

It looks like this will become an annual event. Based on the very positive feedback I've gotten, I will do my best to make next year's West Coast Boxsterfest even better. I hope you can make it!

Click here to see West Coast Boxsterfest pictures
Old April 2nd, 2001, 11:05 PM   #2
Magic Mtn Dan

Some of the WCB'ers at The FogCatcher Inn...

the one thing we didn't get was a group picture - but we do have the group drive pictures.

Old April 2nd, 2001, 11:16 PM   #3
Magic Mtn Dan

Some of the 40+ Boxsters on the Group Drive...

what a road, what cars, what people, whataday!

Old April 3rd, 2001, 12:06 AM   #4
Jay in SF

i'm so envious!

who's the groovy girl with the purple hair?
is she the legendary viola vamp?

its fascinating that even with the all the cars in the row you can still pick out speed yellow and Brian's green....

any zeniths or other special appearances?
Old April 3rd, 2001, 12:12 AM   #5
Caroline in Fremont

Where were you Jay? Missed you ... had lots of fun! *NM*

Old April 3rd, 2001, 12:20 AM   #6
Jay in SF

at home. missed you guys too

the board was a ghost town over the weekend.

okay we got the pictures, lets hear the stories!

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman