Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old January 1st, 2003, 10:06 PM   #1
Marcster S

Anyone here a Diablo Chapter PCNA member?

They had a few holiday events that weren't mentioned here and they meet regularly in the East Bay. I'm planning on attending some of their events this year but just wondered if any of you belonged to the Diablo Chapter as well.
Old January 1st, 2003, 10:35 PM   #2
RobynC

I am...

But haven't attended anything yet. I'd like to become more active in PCA...especially the driving clinics, DE's, autocrosses and time trials they have.

RobynC
Old January 1st, 2003, 11:48 PM   #3
Tom M (Sunol, CA)

As am I.

I've gone to a few of the Friday night pizza things but nothing else.
Old January 2nd, 2003, 02:16 AM   #4
Marcster S

Did any of you go to the Xmas or NYE parties? *NM*

Old January 2nd, 2003, 01:11 PM   #5
Catalog Guy

me too, yawn *NM*

Old January 2nd, 2003, 03:06 PM   #6
Chatter Box

I used to be. Here's why I'm not anymore...

I joined their region when I lived in Walnut Creek. I went to a couple of meetings and apart from not really having a lot in common with them on a social level, they don't really seem to be into the driving either. I asked 2 questions of numerous members and got the same responses from all...

Q: Have you checked out the local Boxster Board?
A: I don't get on the Internet all that much.

Q: How far is Thunderhill from here?
A: I don't know. I am not into track events.

Take a look at the GGR website and you'll see that this is where the action is. 9 in-town Autox's annually, lots of DE's and TT's, and enough members that you are bound to meet someone that actually likes to drive.
Old January 3rd, 2003, 02:09 AM   #7
Marcster S

So what are you sayin? *NM*

Old January 3rd, 2003, 06:34 PM   #8
Dan (san Jose)

Re: I used to be. Here's why I'm not anymore...

GGR is the most active region in Northern California PCA. This year we will be having at least 8-9 AX, 5 Time Trials, 1 DE event at Thunderhill in March, 1 DE event at Sears Point during the PCA club race, and a Beginners AX school in Feb, an Advanced AX school sometime later in the year, and probably our regional AX school at Candlestick around April or May. All schedules will be firmed up at out Activities day in January. If you have any questions about GGR-PCA please drop me an email.. The DE events are especially designed for people that want to check the high speed track event with minimal mods. to their cars. There is always great (near Proffessional ) instruction available at all of our AXs. GGR stresses SAFETY, FUN, and FUN at all of our driving events.
Dan, GGR Competition Director

http://ggr-pca.org
Old January 3rd, 2003, 06:37 PM   #9
Dan (san Jose)

Re: I used to be. Here's why I'm not anymore...

Sorry got the link wrong, here is the proper link

http://www.pca-ggr.org
Old January 4th, 2003, 05:01 PM   #10
JayM

I'm in the same category with CB (and Andrew, it sounds like)

Was assigned to Diablo, didn't find much in common (lots of 911 interest, nothing on the track, no 356 interest), so I dropped out. When I re-joined PCA this summer, I transfered to GGR which seems to be a better fit for me.

As with all clubs, you will get out of it in direct proportion to what you put into it.

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman