Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Regions > Drives and Meetups

Drives and Meetups Plan a drive or meetup with other drivers

Old October 27th, 2007, 11:57 PM   #51
boxs2000

Special thanks to cas951 for his great hopitality and for toolpants resetting my airbag light. It was a fun to meet all of you and had fun doing a few hacks. Just for the record I vouch for Gerri, his picture with him sitting on the phone was part of hack activities. He was giving someone instructions on how to do the obd hack....not!!! hahaha we were all slacking off, he better hope his wife dont read this post because I think he was talking to her at the time as he said that "he was busy" : )

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
boxs2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2007, 12:39 AM   #52
Gerry

first off...i want to say a big thanks to Efren for opening up his place for us to hang out...i meant to work on our cars, bigb for organizing the "Tech Event" and kev for doing the hack on pin 18..w/c is pretty cool and toolpants (jeff) for resetting my airbaglight and making sure that none of us don't get injured playing with dremel, blade and power tools...hehehehehehe!

dude, that was the best "tech event" i've ever been too...way better than any car care day..i am so tired that as soon as i get home, i fall asleep...actually, it was the pizza...it's called food comatose

and the picture...that's priceless

can't wait for the next one

PCA/G.G.R. Member

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...09/4hbv4mc.jpg
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2007, 12:57 AM   #53
Gerry

btw...i wanna give props to ray (vallejo) and don (oakland) for driving all the way to San Jose just to eat pizza and hang out!

it was cool seeing everyone again and meeting Efren...you my friend are awesome!

plus seeing dede working on cars...WOW..a big 2 thumbs up

PCA/G.G.R. Member

Old October 28th, 2007, 01:08 AM   #54
boxs2000

hey hey hey I did work, I took the glue off on one side of the speaker box! (then I took my union required break) then I installed one side of the speaker with Don (then took a union break) then the pizza came so I had to help clear the table for the food so took another break... and dont forget, I also helped disconnect the battery in the beginning and did not even take a break on that job! whew I'm tired I need a break....

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
boxs2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2007, 01:21 AM   #55
bigb

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxs2000 View Post
hey hey hey I did work, I took the glue off on one side of the speaker box! (then I took my union required break) then I installed one side of the speaker with Don (then took a union break) then the pizza came so I had to help clear the table for the food so took another break... and dont forget, I also helped disconnect the battery in the beginning and did not even take a break on that job! whew I'm tired I need a break....
All you guys did a ton of work on my car - and didn't break a single thing I'm sure it was due to the rest from the union mandated breaks

The only break happened on my watch - when doing the OBC hookup, the connector (three: gray, blue, green) latches can break off easily, as I learned the hard way . We just used the glue-gun and put it together

Thanks again guys for all the hard work!!! Next time, we need to have a drive planned as part of this.
bigb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2007, 03:28 AM   #56
cas951

You guys are awesome. I've only met all of you today and I already feel as if I'm a big part of the crowd....

Must be due to the mandated union break from Ray.....
cas951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2007, 07:34 AM   #57
ppbon

My kind of weekend
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Come visit: www.PedrosGarage.com
ppbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2007, 08:48 AM   #58
cas951

dedes those are nice pictures.

BTW: my neighbor really fell in love with Gerry's car. Specially the color combination. When she came home and everyone already left she was asking more questions about Gerry's car. She was disappointed as she wanted to see it again.
Old October 28th, 2007, 09:20 AM   #59
Gerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by cas951 View Post
dedes those are nice pictures.

BTW: my neighbor really fell in love with Gerry's car. Specially the color combination. When she came home and everyone already left she was asking more questions about Gerry's car. She was disappointed as she wanted to see it again.
cas...tell you neighbor, thanks for all the compliments I'll make sure tell my wife about it. As most of the guys knows here, that it's the wifey's car and I'm just her personal driver who's responsibilities are to take the car for a spin, AX and backroads driving

PCA/G.G.R. Member

Old October 28th, 2007, 02:01 PM   #60
cas951

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry View Post
cas...tell you neighbor, thanks for all the compliments I'll make sure tell my wife about it. As most of the guys knows here, that it's the wifey's car and I'm just her personal driver who's responsibilities are to take the car for a spin, AX and backroads driving
Same here. All my wife does is drive it here and there but when it comes to gas, clean, detail and maintain it's all on me. She doesn't even know where the gas cap is located.

Porsche Babblers > Regions > Drives and Meetups