Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old February 22nd, 2015, 12:52 PM   #1
5bjohnny

Disengage Boxster alarm system

I have a 2001 Boxster with a finicky alarm system. At times it'll completely lock up and I won't be able to start the car with the key, but if I leave the ignition in the on position, I can push start the car and it'll run with no problem.

Once the car is shut off, and the alarm is set, the alarm at times, will not disengage. The little red light on the dash panel is lit (blinking). The key is new, as is the battery.

Thoughts?

John
5bjohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2015, 01:07 PM   #2
JFP in PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5bjohnny View Post
I have a 2001 Boxster with a finicky alarm system. At times it'll completely lock up and I won't be able to start the car with the key, but if I leave the ignition in the on position, I can push start the car and it'll run with no problem.

Once the car is shut off, and the alarm is set, the alarm at times, will not disengage. The little red light on the dash panel is lit (blinking). The key is new, as is the battery.

Thoughts?

John
As you are a new poster, no one will tell you how to defeat the car's alarm and immobilizer systems simply because it is a step by step method on how to steal the car.

Get the car scanned with a Porsche specific scan tool (PSTII, PIWIS, Durametric, Autologic), looking at the systems for faults.
JFP in PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2015, 06:33 PM   #3
mikefocke

Who made the new key and did they program the key to the immobilizer? Do you have a key that works?
mikefocke is offline   Reply With Quote

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman