Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old March 1st, 2002, 08:42 AM   #1
Ken R

Recommendation for Auto Stereo Shop

Last year I upgraded my stereo. I changed my speakers to JL Audio and Eclipse replaced the factory amp with a 6 channel ADS amp. The work was done by a local auto stereo shop and I am not happy with the results, channels drop out due to loose connections, noise on AM radio, high levels of distortion, woofers bottoming out, overall my system is not much better than original. I have tried to get the shop that did the work to deal with these problems but they just don't get it right. I had another shop in the Mountain View area recommend replacing the factory head unit due to lack of output power to properly run my amps.

I am considering driving to LA and have Jamie fix and tune up my system correctly but I would prefer a local shop if I could get the same results. Anyone care to recommend a good shop in the Bay Area that has lots of Boxster experience.
Thanks
Ken
Old March 1st, 2002, 09:20 AM   #2
Magic Mtn Dan

You just missed a whole bunch of postings...

on MONNEY Car Audio on the peninsula! There's no need to drive down to SoCal to spend a pile of cash. A whole bunch of people have had their Boxsters worked on over there with great success. And MONNEY offers a unique subwoofer set up that is very cool.

Perhaps if you do a search on the BABBLERS Board for Monney it will all show up for you to read.

Good luck!
Old March 1st, 2002, 09:27 AM   #3
Ken R

Thanks Dan, I haven't been trolling here lately *NM*

Old March 1st, 2002, 10:17 AM   #4
Tom M (Sunol, CA)

Check the Sponsors page.

There you'll see a banner for Monney. Several Babblers have had their cars done there and have been very pleased with the results.

BTW - Be sure to mention you got the recommendation for the website!

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman