Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old February 6th, 2003, 08:46 AM   #1
Ronnie Kon

Do I want factory-installed stereo in my '03

So I ordered an '03 Boxster yesterday, but with no stereo options at all. I plan on going down to Paris Audio to have a stereo and nav system installed when the car arrives (mid-May at the earliest).

Should I add in the hi-fi system to get factory installed door speakers for them to change out, or can I rely on Paris Audio doing a factory-quality job on installing?

Thanks.

/Ronnie
Old February 6th, 2003, 09:09 AM   #2
Tom M (Sunol, CA)

If you know for sure you're going to have PA do the work

then the answer is no. However to be safe, why not give Jamey a call?
Old February 6th, 2003, 12:56 PM   #3
Chatter Box

I think you need to choose one option

(forget which) just to get the thicker door panels which will be needed for decent sized door speakers. But like Tom said, call Jamey. He will know and be able to help you out.
Old February 6th, 2003, 03:27 PM   #4
Catalog Guy

Hi fi *NM*

Old February 6th, 2003, 05:59 PM   #5
RobynC

Just as CG says...HiFi

While you will be spending a nice sum of money down on your aftermarket system (worth every dime)...by getting the Hifi, you will save yourself money on labor. The doors with the basic audio do not come with door speakers. So, it would take additional time and effort with no guaruntees of a nice stock look if you don't get the hifi and have PA do the install of the door speakers. It's worth the money to do it if you can.

Thanks,
Robyn
Old February 6th, 2003, 06:34 PM   #6
Catalog Guy

Plus you get those nifty little red and whiye lights in your doors! *NM*

Old February 6th, 2003, 08:59 PM   #7
Ronnie Kon

Re: Plus you get those nifty little red and whiye lights in your doors!

Well if little red and white lights aren't worth $800, I don't know what is!

Thanks all. I've added the Hi-Fi to the car.

/Ronnie
Old February 7th, 2003, 10:28 PM   #8
Ad Sach(AZ)

Re: Plus you you are getting my favorite option: heated seats - right? *NM*

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman