Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old August 6th, 2002, 02:23 PM   #1
Chatter Box

Wiring diagram or information from said diagram needed.

As Andrew posted for me over the w/e while I was sans internet connection, I have a flaky cruise control. Since losing the cruise over a week ago, it actually did come back on last night. It's off again this morning. I checked all the connections and they appear to be fine. I can't tell that one is any different than any other but something is obviously loose or something like that.

If someone who has access to this sort of information (ahem, Jeff, Yoseif, Loren) could please tell me which wires were for the cruise control, I could probably sort this out.
Old August 6th, 2002, 03:08 PM   #2
Yoseif (01 AS/MB/MB)

Re: Wiring diagram or information from said diagram needed.

I've got it at home. If you don't get your info by this evening I'll post it. I have an scan of the 2001 cluster wiring diagram here at work, but that won't do you much good.

Yoseif
Old August 6th, 2002, 08:18 PM   #3
Yoseif (01 AS/MB/MB)

Sorry, Scott.

I thought I had the 2000 wiring diagram at home but I was wrong.

Here's a question: are you sure that it's not just the bulb that's not working? I mean, even when the light doesn't come on, does the cruise control still function?

Yoseif
Old August 6th, 2002, 09:10 PM   #4
Loren

If you can't read this let me know...

and I'll try to get a better image.
Loren

Old August 7th, 2002, 10:45 AM   #5
Chatter Box

Shoot. Nope, the cruise really doesn't work.

Except when the light temporarily came back on at which point it worked again.
Old August 7th, 2002, 10:47 AM   #6
Chatter Box

I can read it but I can't read it.

The wiring harness (correct term?) has numbered connections for the wires. The OBC plugs into X and Y for instance. The cruise wires should plug into 1-25 or something like that if I'm right.
Old August 7th, 2002, 11:51 AM   #7
Yoseif (01 AS/MB/MB)

Re: I can read it but I can't read it.

I think he gave you the wrong page. Here is the 2001 version of the page you need.

Yoseif

Wiring Diagram (285K)
Old August 7th, 2002, 12:09 PM   #8
JoshS

Scott...

I remember that when doing my 4 stalk, there are 2 harnesses coming out of the stalk unit. 1 for the OBC and a 2nd for the Cruise. You might want to check that connection also. I think you might have to take the steering wheel to check it but it would be worth a shot. Either the harness came loose or you have a bad stalk... maybe???
Old August 7th, 2002, 12:37 PM   #9
Chatter Box

Yes, this one I can read. *NM*

Old August 7th, 2002, 12:41 PM   #10
Chatter Box

I have no OBC stalk.

And I didn't pull the steering wheel to do the hack so I don't think it should need to come off now. I'm trying to focus on the things that I touched.

I think there is probably just a connection that is marginally tweaked out of place and I need to know which one to check.

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman