Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old October 5th, 2005, 06:01 PM   #1
eriojas

987 rear spoiler problem

hi everyone, with two months with my 987 the rear spoiler mechanism made a loud clicking noise when it went back to its original position(closed), went to the dealer and they changed the whole mechanism, after a couple of days the same happened but with a longer set of clicks, if you deploy it mannualy it goes up without noise, but when you bring it down the light in the spoiler switch does not not go off until a very long set of clicking, hope I made myself clear, any ideas, the dealer tells me they will call Germany and see what they can about it, thnks
eriojas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2005, 06:48 PM   #2
Tom M
Site Founder

Sounds like it's going to be another trip to the dealer (no pun intended ). If they replace the entire mechanism it's surprising that the situation repeated itself. Perhaps it wasn't the spoiler but was actually a bad limit switch.
'11 958 Cayenne S
Tom M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2005, 07:45 AM   #3
eriojas

isnt the limit switch part of the mechanism itself?, they told me they changed everything so no more problems would come out, but sounds logical.
eriojas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2018, 09:02 AM   #4
KrisDC2

I wish people would report back and let others know what the fix was.

Eriojas, did you ever find out what the problem or fix was?
KrisDC2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.