Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old May 31st, 2002, 10:09 AM   #1
Catalog Guy

Windshield replacement shop recommendation?

CSAA says I will pay $150 deductible. The max price they will cover is $675. Of course, I can take it to the shop of my choosing. I notice that Cook's Collision in Walnut Creek (located directly behind Stead MBZ) does a lot of new Porsches and other German cars. Anyone have experience with Cook's? Any other places that Babblers recommend I use or avoid.

Thanks!

Andrew
Old May 31st, 2002, 10:14 AM   #2
Catalog Guy

Dealer recommends....

Just spoke with Eric Schafer at Stead Porsche. He recommends Beeline; he says they do all their installs. They pick up the glass from Stead and install in their facility. (800)233-9443.
Old May 31st, 2002, 10:16 AM   #3
Tom M (Sunol, CA)

Re: Windshield replacement shop recommendation?

Why not talk to Stead to see who they use? You can also see how much it is if they farm it out for you.

It sounds like Robyn's price is right in the range it needs to be as far as what CSAA will cover plus the deductible.
Old May 31st, 2002, 12:29 PM   #4
Jeff S.

Re: Windshield replacement shop recommendation?

I had mine done last week through Atlas Auto Glass in San Mateo. These are the guys that Rector uses for the dealership replacements. Total cost to insurance company was around the price you were quoted, cost to me was just $100. Work seems perfect.

Jeff
Old May 31st, 2002, 07:38 PM   #5
Tool Pantsİ

This is how they replace your windshield *NM*

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman