Trygve Isaacson

Cayenne Shmayenne *NM*

Old February 22nd, 2002, 02:26 PM   #2
Yoseif (01 AS/MB/MB)

I agree.. *NM*

Old February 22nd, 2002, 02:48 PM   #3
Boxster Spice

I don't want one

because it's off road capable. I want one because it's faster than my Boxster S.

In one sense, what the heck is a sportscar company doing making an SUV? I see that argument. However, since it performs better on the track than our sportscars, didn't Porsche really just make another sports car?

I mean, a typical outlook is "I'll deal with a 2 seater and no luggage room so that my car will be light enough to be fast and perform well." But if another car comes along and does those things better all the while seating 5 and having tons of room, why not be happy about that?

Just my opinion.
Old February 22nd, 2002, 03:17 PM   #4
Magic Mtn Dan

VERY FUNNY PICTURE YOSEIF!!! *NM*

Old February 22nd, 2002, 05:25 PM   #5
Trygve Isaacson

Re: I don't want one

Actually, I'm not anti-Cayenne at all, I just thought you all would get a good laugh at the grass growing out of my wheel well. A little unplanned agricultural excursion. This was a result of putting my left wheels in the mud in the turn 9 cutoff at Sears Point yesterday. Fortunately I remained calm and kept the other two tires on the pavement. I wasn't disparaging the Cayenne and believe me, I'm not saying the Boxster is a good off-road vehicle.
Old February 23rd, 2002, 02:28 PM   #6
Boxster Spice

I am too easily distracted.

I knew you were being silly. But you hit on a subject that has been discussed seriously by other people and I was really just responding to the idea of being upset about the Cayenne and not really taking objection to your joke.

Your post was funny, but it was also an icebreaker, so to speak for a bigger subject. No offense intended.

And Turn 9 is scary! You should play in the dirt in Turn 4 or 7 next time. hehe
Old February 25th, 2002, 10:32 AM   #7
Clayton in Walnut Creek

Don't forget Catalog Guy's Tree Towing Photo... *NM*

Old February 26th, 2002, 09:10 AM   #8
Catalog Guy

*NM*

Old February 26th, 2002, 01:22 PM   #9
Jay in SF

i guess the cherokee is the garage queen *NM*

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Forums > Porsche Cayenne