Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old March 13th, 2007, 05:22 PM   #1
davezaristo

PCA auto x event at candlestick this sat.

Anyone else going?
davezaristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2007, 05:36 PM   #2
KenJ

See you there..

Red Boxster #44

kj
KenJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2007, 07:38 PM   #3
Docdanracy

might drop by to visit for a bit.

motor still not back together and into the Puttputt. but I should be ready for #2.

Ken, did you get a new assigned number for this year?
Did you get your seat situation figured out?
Docdanracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2007, 07:42 PM   #4
davezaristo

just wondering what is the cost of the event and what form of payment is acceptable..this is my first time participating in the pca autox event...thanks!
Old March 13th, 2007, 07:53 PM   #5
Docdanracy

I believe that the cost is still $30 as it has been for several years now. I would be prepared to pay $35 just in case. Cash and checks are the only way you can pay.
You have to be registered before 8:30 AM and have your car teched.
You want to be there early enough so you can do a course walk. Try to pair/group up with an instructor for the course walk,,,it will help.

You will need a helmet, loaners are available if you get there early enough to get one (they go pretty fast at some events)
If you have no or limited AX experience ask for instruction after the drivers meeting.
If you want more general information you can get it by going to the Articles link at the top of the page and read my AX article from a couple of years ago.

good luck and hope you enjoy yourself ( I know you will leave with a big grin on your face), saying to yourself "I had no idea my car would do that"
Old March 13th, 2007, 08:40 PM   #6
davezaristo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docdanracy
I believe that the cost is still $30 as it has been for several years now. I would be prepared to pay $35 just in case. Cash and checks are the only way you can pay.
You have to be registered before 8:30 AM and have your car teched.
You want to be there early enough so you can do a course walk. Try to pair/group up with an instructor for the course walk,,,it will help.

You will need a helmet, loaners are available if you get there early enough to get one (they go pretty fast at some events)
If you have no or limited AX experience ask for instruction after the drivers meeting.
If you want more general information you can get it by going to the Articles link at the top of the page and read my AX article from a couple of years ago.

good luck and hope you enjoy yourself ( I know you will leave with a big grin on your face), saying to yourself "I had no idea my car would do that"
Thanks for the info..i guess one last question would be how many runs do you get approximately?
Old March 13th, 2007, 08:55 PM   #7
Docdanracy

8 timed runs that go into the book and then if there is enough time at the end of the day and enough folks that want to stay, then we have "FUN" runs. that can amount to 4-8 more runs depending on how many folks stay.
Old March 13th, 2007, 08:56 PM   #8
davezaristo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docdanracy
8 timed runs that go into the book and then if there is enough time at the end of the day and enough folks that want to stay, then we have "FUN" runs. that can amount to 4-8 more runs depending on how many folks stay.
cool..sounds like i will be needing some new rubber soon..lol
Old March 13th, 2007, 09:03 PM   #9
Gerry

dengit..im gonna have to miss this one! Son's birthday Hey Dave, if you're going let me know, I might just stop by with my son before heading to the party @ 1pm....
PM you the number....
Dan, can I sign up there to be a PCA member?

PCA/G.G.R. Member

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...09/4hbv4mc.jpg
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2007, 09:19 PM   #10
Docdanracy

you can join online...
go to this link on the GGR website.

http://www.pca-ggr.org/show.cgi?id=join

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman