Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old August 19th, 2002, 09:20 PM   #1
Boxster Ben

Wanted: one 18" Turbo Twist Wheel!!!!

Ok Babblers, anyone want to part with a spare wheel you might have laying around the garage? I need one 7.5Jx18" Turbo Twist Wheel for my 2001 Boxster S...why you might ask? Well, turn 15 at Thunderhill got me...I went over the berm and hit a large and deep rut which bent my left wheel ever so slightly...not really enough to cause major problems but just enough to send a small but annoying vibration through the seat and front wheel straight inside me!!! So now I need a new wheel. The good folks at Custom Alignment told me that the damage would probably cause some uneven tire wear but nothing more...so there you have it. Any advice? Ben from Pleasanton. ( my wife just reminded me that that one trip cost me a lot of cash...Brighton Luggage, a new wheel, and one custom alignment!!! Oh well..)
Old August 19th, 2002, 09:55 PM   #2
Chatter Box

Re: Wanted: one 18" Turbo Twist Wheel!!!!

Funny. My front left 18" Turbo look wheel is bent, too. I never felt it too much on S02's but I feel it on my new KD's. They're stiffer by an order of magnitude. I like to lie to myself and just think of it as an uneven road surface. Other options include Wheel Enhancement. They sell used wheels.

Personally, I'm not spending one dime on wheels until I'm buying a new 3 piece forged set wrapped in R compounds. But, let me know if you find a good deal and I might change my mind and replace mine as well.
Old August 19th, 2002, 10:03 PM   #3
Tom M (Sunol, CA)

Re: Wanted: one 18" Turbo Twist Wheel!!!!

If it really is "ever so slightly" then it *may* be repairable. It might pay to stop by Rite-Way and have them take a look at it before spending larger amounts on a replacement. Failing the repair path definitely give WE a call as far as a used wheel goes.
Old August 20th, 2002, 10:01 AM   #4
Tool Pants

Acker wheel in San Jose

is a place to try if you want to buy a used wheel. I bought a 17" Boxster wheel there last year as I did not have the time to have my scratched wheel repainted.

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman