Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Car Talk

Car Talk For topics and discussions about all makes and models


View Poll Results: What day would work for you for the "Russian River Fun Run" ?
Saturday, June 12th 4 33.33%
Saturday, June 19th 11 91.67%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old April 12th, 2010, 11:28 AM   #11
Docdanracy
Senior Member
 
Docdanracy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Auburn, CA
Posts: 1,282
geeze, it has only been a month since I sold my C2
__________________
Dan
GGR AX and TT instructor for 20+ yrs.
Maintained by Me
Docdanracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2010, 12:43 PM   #12
offshore
Senior Member
 
offshore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pacific Grove, CA
Posts: 926
Quote:
Originally Posted by Docdanracy View Post
geeze, it has only been a month since I sold my C2
Well Doc you could at least give us a hint at what you're working on unless it's the Stealth Porsche.
offshore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2010, 12:48 PM   #13
Docdanracy
Senior Member
 
Docdanracy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Auburn, CA
Posts: 1,282
nothing stealth about it, more like a brick

I am building my 5th 914....just can't get those wierd little cars out of my system.
this one is a big bumper '75 Appearance Group car.
It will be GP White with black negative Porsche stripe on the side.
Very mild suspension mods and tuning...Factory Fuchs with 205x50 Dunlop Direzza Star Specs.
Koni adjustables, front and possibly rear sway bars.
Motor and tranny are both freshly built..
this will be a daily driver/AX PAX weapon
Car will run in AX 16 with a very nice multiplication factor for PAX.
__________________
Dan
GGR AX and TT instructor for 20+ yrs.
Maintained by Me
Docdanracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2010, 01:28 PM   #14
offshore
Senior Member
 
offshore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pacific Grove, CA
Posts: 926
Quote:
Originally Posted by Docdanracy View Post
nothing stealth about it, more like a brick

I am building my 5th 914....just can't get those wierd little cars out of my system.
this one is a big bumper '75 Appearance Group car.
It will be GP White with black negative Porsche stripe on the side.
Very mild suspension mods and tuning...Factory Fuchs with 205x50 Dunlop Direzza Star Specs.
Koni adjustables, front and possibly rear sway bars.
Motor and tranny are both freshly built..
this will be a daily driver/AX PAX weapon
Car will run in AX 16 with a very nice multiplication factor for PAX.
Hmmm. Gonna hafta introduce you to my friend Rand who just bought a 914-6 GT. He's a rally guy but I'm trying to get him interested in AX. Post some pics of your project as it goes along. Sound nice!
offshore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2010, 06:00 PM   #15
SteveW
Senior Member
 
SteveW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Hayward, CA
Posts: 110
Is it me or is the poll bugged?
I'm showing
Saturday, June 12th - 27.27%
3 Votes
Saturday, June 19th - 90.91%
10 Votes.

That's a total of 118.18%

Or does the poll use Porsche service math which means everything is inflated?
__________________
Who needs mirrors? If they are behind me then I have already passed them and they are no longer my problem...
SteveW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2010, 06:15 PM   #16
Tom M
Site Founder
 
Tom M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Westfield, IN
Posts: 2,635
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveW View Post
Is it me or is the poll bugged?
It's because the individual percentages are based on the actual number of voters (11) and not the total number of votes (13).
__________________
Tom M (Westfield, IN)
'04 996 C4S MBM/GG (gone)
'00 986 S MBK/NBL/BLK (gone)
'11 958 Cayenne S
Tom M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2010, 06:48 PM   #17
dedes
Senior Member
 
dedes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: San Francisco Bay Area, Emerald Hills, Ca
Posts: 1,953
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveW View Post
Is it me or is the poll bugged?
I'm showing
Saturday, June 12th - 27.27%
3 Votes
Saturday, June 19th - 90.91%
10 Votes.

That's a total of 118.18%

Or does the poll use Porsche service math which means everything is inflated?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom M View Post
It's because the individual percentages are based on the actual number of voters (11) and not the total number of votes (13).
Troomi and dedes voted for both days. Cas951 voted for one day/Sat. = 11 votes
I had the poll set up that one could vote for both days...
__________________
1997 Porsche Boxster "Pastel Yellow"
1995 Porsche 911 993 "Iris Blue Metallic"
dedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2010, 04:46 PM   #18
BoxsterBob - San Carlos
Senior Member
 
BoxsterBob - San Carlos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: San Carlos, CA
Posts: 1,457
Hey Dede,

We have plans for both weekends, (hosting an engagement party for my Nephew), but I'm sure you guys will have a blast!
__________________
BoxsterBob
'99 Boxster - 130k+ miles Ocean Blue/Black/Savanna Beige
BoxsterBob - San Carlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2010, 09:51 AM   #19
dedes
Senior Member
 
dedes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: San Francisco Bay Area, Emerald Hills, Ca
Posts: 1,953
Exclamation POLL ends April 30th

Please continue to vote on which day is best for you, the POLL ends April 30th.

However, it looks like Saturday June 19th will be the day, so mark your calendars in pencil!

When I go to the Marin-Sonoma Concours d'Elegance weekend on May 14-16th...offshore (aka Ron) and I will have a chance to talk more about the "Russian River Fun Run".

We will complete the details and post the event shortly thereafter.

Have a great day!
__________________
1997 Porsche Boxster "Pastel Yellow"
1995 Porsche 911 993 "Iris Blue Metallic"
dedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2010, 10:00 AM   #20
offshore
Senior Member
 
offshore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pacific Grove, CA
Posts: 926
Quote:
Originally Posted by dedes View Post
Troomi and dedes voted for both days. Cas951 voted for one day/Sat. = 11 votes
I had the poll set up that one could vote for both days...
Dedes we might also have a vote on which drive to take Coleman Valley or Bohemian Hwy. Coleman Valley will be more challenging and risky (tight narrow road with open cattle range and cars racing up the hill) Bohemian lots of long twisties, more leisurely with more to see and places to stop. Either road we will end up on Hwy 1.
offshore is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Car Talk



Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Boxster heaven Paralizer Boxster / Cayman 8 February 22nd, 2007 05:28 PM
Hey River Rat baxter Boxster / Cayman 3 July 9th, 2006 11:04 AM

Google+


Copyright © 2001-2014 Babblers. All rights reserved.
Babblers is a Porsche Boxster and Cayman enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent Porsche of Stuttgart, Germany.