Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old August 5th, 2006, 02:57 PM   #1
Westcoaster

Question Newbie question about service intervals

I saw the post about the 30k miles service (48k km's for us Canucks!)...

I am looking at a couple of low mile 2003 Boxsters, one has 11235 miles and the other has 23750 miles.

I was curious if the service intervals for the Canadian cars was the same as the US (I can not see why not)?

And for the 2 cars listed above what the next service point is going to be and how much does it cost?

Thanks!
Westcoaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2006, 03:59 PM   #2
Tom M
Site Founder

Maintenance schedules for MY03 Boxsters may be found at renntech.org. I'm not sure if you'll need to register to see them or not but if you do it's a simple process.
'11 958 Cayenne S
Tom M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2006, 08:36 AM   #3
Westcoaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom M
Maintenance schedules for MY03 Boxsters may be found at renntech.org. I'm not sure if you'll need to register to see them or not but if you do it's a simple process.
Thanks Tom, I found the site and registered to gain access to the downloads, another great resource!

I found it (I think) basically a list of the service items as recommended by Porsche. North American manufacturers usually list this in the owners manual.

Through inference I have guessed that since the car I am looking at buying has 38,000km the next recommended service will be at 40,000km, just need to detrmine what this cost will be.

It also looks like the local dealer can purchase this car from the 'non-Porsche' dealer on my behalf, do the CPO inspection and then sell it to me with an extended warranty, are these CPO warranties a good plan?

Al
Westcoaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman