Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old October 27th, 2006, 07:05 PM   #1
misterpt

push out cup holder

I just recently found out that some Boxsters (2003 and up?) were fitted with a push out cup holder integrated into the center console. I've been looking for a solution like this for the longest time!
Has anyone done this yet? Does anyone know what parts are required for this and the part numbers?

BTW, I have a 2000 Boxster and this is my first post.
misterpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2006, 09:37 PM   #2
Tomy996

Cups

You talking about the two side by side cupholders that went in the center stack under the A/C vent that slid out or something else?
Tomy996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2006, 09:52 PM   #3
misterpt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomy996
You talking about the two side by side cupholders that went in the center stack under the A/C vent that slid out or something else?
Not the one that goes in the DIN, but the one that is slim and integrated in to the center console.
Hopefully these images work:

Old October 27th, 2006, 10:21 PM   #4
misterpt

Looks like someone's done it.
http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=47268
Old October 27th, 2006, 10:45 PM   #5
Dr. Zoom

From the looks of it I don't think those will work in a 2K Boxster. Personally, I like the design of the original cupholders the best and they will work just fine on your 2K if you can find a set.
Dr. Zoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2006, 01:09 PM   #6
WC13

I have been thinking of doing a "cupholderectomy" on my 02, let me know if you would be interested in the one I have. I never use them and would rather have a cubby space instead.
"When you turn your car on, does it return the favor?"
WC13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2006, 06:43 PM   #7
misterpt

Quote:
Originally Posted by WC13
I have been thinking of doing a "cupholderectomy" on my 02, let me know if you would be interested in the one I have. I never use them and would rather have a cubby space instead.
I'm not interested in your DIN cup holder but I'd be willing to swap you my above Stereo AC trim for your bottom AC trim. I can also throw in the bottom cubby too.

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman