Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old December 9th, 2003, 12:17 PM   #1
Dan (san jose)

Boxter tires for TT and assorted other goodies

Doug, Scott and other fellow Boxster drivers that participate in GGR AX or TT series.
Next season will be a good one.
1) 245 rubber will be allowed on the front of Boxsters
2) Boxsters in Improved class may switch to H&R or other similar lowering springs.
3) Boxsters in Production may use any aftermarket spring as well as threaded shock/strut bodies....Coilovers!
4) Boxsters in Improved class (996 Cabs also) may compete at Time Trials with only factory installed roll over protection as long as the soft top is up or a hard top is installed...this is a major change for newbies to our sport. Won't have to buy a B-K to begin competition as long as your car meets the Improved rules.

Check the GGR Website for more information.
Our first TT of the season will be at Infineon. Even if you don't plan on running with us, this would be a great chance for you to come to see one of our events at a great track. No cost to enter the paddock or watch as long as you like.

Dan Thompson GGR Competition Director

http://www.pca-ggr.org
Old December 9th, 2003, 01:51 PM   #2
Joe Yang (Castro Valley)

How about wheel spacers?

Any rule change regarding track width for those who is using 996 wheels?

Joe
Old December 9th, 2003, 03:09 PM   #3
Chatter Box

If unchanged...

Improved allows 1/4" per side and Production allows 1/2" per side. This is marginally frustrating since spacers are sold in 7mm which is a tad bigger than 1/4" (=6.35mm) and 14mm which is a tad bigger than 1/2" (=12.7mm)

BTW, the new rules are listed on the PCA GGR website. I don't have the link handy but I was Enotified recently.

Thanks to Dan and all the others involved in polishing out some much needed rules changes. I think all of the competitive Boxster drivers here are very appreciative.
Old December 9th, 2003, 04:09 PM   #4
Dan (san jose)

Re: How about wheel spacers?

Joe,
I am pretty sure the factory uses spacers at least on the rear of Boxsters to install the factory 10 inch wheels. So what ever is needed to get correct spacing will be allowed. You are allowed .25 inch per side already but I know you need .5 to .75 inch spacers to get the 10s to fit correctly.
This should at least put you back into improved, but since you have carrera brakes you should probably run in Ni with the S and 993s.

Dan

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Google+

Copyright © 2001-2014 Babblers. All rights reserved.
Babblers is a Porsche Boxster and Cayman enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent Porsche of Stuttgart, Germany.