Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old January 21st, 2013, 05:57 PM   #1
Maxine

CDR 24 radio 07' Boxster S

I took my Boxster S to the Porsche dealer for a service, and while there, a mechanic broke my convertible top. After much fussing about, they fixed it. Now, the radio is dead. No radio No Cd, volume, channel buttons, am fm cd..
Kaput!! Whats odd, is the PORSCHE name still lights up on the screen, but thats all.The fuse box is fine- no problem there. It worked fine before the dealer took in my car. Any idea why the radio rolled over and played dead?
Thanks- Maxine
Maxine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2013, 07:13 AM   #2
offshore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxine View Post
I took my Boxster S to the Porsche dealer for a service, and while there, a mechanic broke my convertible top. After much fussing about, they fixed it. Now, the radio is dead. No radio No Cd, volume, channel buttons, am fm cd..
Kaput!! Whats odd, is the PORSCHE name still lights up on the screen, but thats all.The fuse box is fine- no problem there. It worked fine before the dealer took in my car. Any idea why the radio rolled over and played dead?
Thanks- Maxine
If they disconnected the battery for any reason the radio will not work until the code is input.
Old January 23rd, 2013, 06:17 AM   #3
Loren

Quote:
Originally Posted by offshore View Post
If they disconnected the battery for any reason the radio will not work until the code is input.
I think you are thinking of older radios (CDR-220, CR-22, etc.). The newer radios CDR-23 and CDR-24 do not require codes - they are matched with the car in the DME.

The original poster will likely need to find a shop with Porsche diagnostic tool to check and see if the radio has just "lost" it's connection or if it is bad.
Old January 23rd, 2013, 07:52 AM   #4
offshore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loren View Post
I think you are thinking of older radios (CDR-220, CR-22, etc.). The newer radios CDR-23 and CDR-24 do not require codes - they are matched with the car in the DME.

The original poster will likely need to find a shop with Porsche diagnostic tool to check and see if the radio has just "lost" it's connection or if it is bad.
Interesting, when did Porsche make the change?
Old January 23rd, 2013, 07:56 AM   #5
Tom M
Site Founder

I seem to recall that this was when they went to the MOST bus. 2003 or thereabout.
'11 958 Cayenne S
Tom M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2013, 12:14 PM   #6
offshore

So does the radio still work if it is stolen?
Old January 24th, 2013, 06:07 AM   #7
Loren

Quote:
Originally Posted by offshore View Post
So does the radio still work if it is stolen?
No - there is a code in the radio that must match the code in the DME or it does not work. You need Durametric, a PST2, or PIWIS tester to set this function.
Old January 24th, 2013, 07:05 AM   #8
offshore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loren View Post
No - there is a code in the radio that must match the code in the DME or it does not work. You need Durametric, a PST2, or PIWIS tester to set this function.
So there still is a code it's just input differently.
Old January 24th, 2013, 06:57 PM   #9
thom4782

What services were done at the dealer? Also, do you know what went wring with the top? Knowing these answers might suggest why the radio stopped working
thom4782 is offline   Reply With Quote

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman