Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old March 2nd, 2013, 10:04 PM   #1
james

Question Car care products

So for the last five years I have used a variety of products on my 2003 Guards Red Boxster S. when I bought the car it had 28,000 miles and the paint was perfect. Any product I used looked great. After this time as a daily driver, I am looking the best and affordable products. I like the Autogeek Wolfgang line for swirl and polish. However I have been very impressed with Porsche's polish and wax. They really do a good finish. I haven't found a good microfiber towel

What do you use and recommend?

Have a great day!

James
"While driving my Boxster on twisty roads for hours is absolutely no replacement for spending quality time with my wife and family, it is at least why I keep my Boxster." copyright 2008 James E. Smith IV
james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2013, 01:07 AM   #2
Tom M
Site Founder

As far as microfiber towels go I've just bought the large pack from Costco in the automotive section. I've used them for a number of years, mainly for wax removal and keeping one in the glove box or a side compartment to clean up dust. The only thing I do is to remove the tag prior to their first use. IMO they area bargain compared to similar products that cost significantly more.
'11 958 Cayenne S
Tom M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2013, 09:25 AM   #3
james

I have used Costco as well and have been pleased until recently. IMHO they use to pickup water great now they seem to have changed and no longer work well. They also have a new plush towel. I picked up a pack yesterday so the jury is still out. Have you noticed a difference?

However I do agree the price is right.

Regards

James
"While driving my Boxster on twisty roads for hours is absolutely no replacement for spending quality time with my wife and family, it is at least why I keep my Boxster." copyright 2008 James E. Smith IV
james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2013, 09:36 AM   #4
Tom M
Site Founder

I can't really say as I haven't bought any new ones for a couple of years. I never really used them for drying as I used a water blade after washing the car and then a few cotton terry towels for the final cleanup.
'11 958 Cayenne S
Tom M is offline   Reply With Quote

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman