Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old May 3rd, 2013, 06:18 PM   #1
Peer

Flaky headlight switch..?

I recently discovered an intermittent problem with my passenger side headlight -- as it often conks out, but remedied by turing the headlight switch to the fog-light position and then back to the regular position. Of course, I know poop about any of this, but if it's the headlight switch that's the culprit here, wouldn't then both headlights be flaky... no?

By the way, if it's indeed the switch, is it difficult to get in there to replace it..? (keep in mind that I can hardly operate a screwdriver ;^)

-- peer
Old May 4th, 2013, 07:29 AM   #2
thom4782

If its just one light, for example the passenger low beam, my guess is that something is loose. It could be the bulb itself. It could also be that the head light isn't fully plugged into the sockect on the headlight tray tower. Have you replaced a passenger side bulb lately or taken the headlight unit out and put it back in? If so, then my guess is that its one of the things I mentioned above.

The switch is simple to replace. Look on DIY projects on the Pelican Parts forum for instructions.
thom4782 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2013, 11:51 PM   #3
Peer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thom4782 View Post
my guess is that something is loose.
Yep, that makes sense. So I spent a few hours on this today, soldering connectors and wiggly & waggly stuff -- but since it's an intermittent problem, I don't know yet if it helped or not. (At least I got some burned out bulbs replaced and some other stuff fixed in the process ;^)

-- peer

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman