Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old May 24th, 2013, 01:36 PM   #1
Gerry

Exhaust Upgrade

Hello there :-) So I finally upgrade the suspension of my 99 Boxster and thanks to Alden for the awesome job that he has done and now, I'm thinking of upgrading my exhaust system.

Keep in mind, I don't know much about exhaust system or which one do I just need to upgrade.

What I was trying to accomplish with this upgrade is, lighter weight, performance (if that is even help) and noise (but not too loud, just the grunt noise). I drive my car everyday, 4 days a week,120 mi. round trip (Walnut Creek to South San Jose)

Is there anything there that is below $500 that is also a dual tip?

PCA/G.G.R. Member

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...09/4hbv4mc.jpg
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2013, 05:47 PM   #2
offshore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry View Post
Hello there :-) So I finally upgrade the suspension of my 99 Boxster and thanks to Alden for the awesome job that he has done and now, I'm thinking of upgrading my exhaust system.

Keep in mind, I don't know much about exhaust system or which one do I just need to upgrade.

What I was trying to accomplish with this upgrade is, lighter weight, performance (if that is even help) and noise (but not too loud, just the grunt noise). I drive my car everyday, 4 days a week,120 mi. round trip (Walnut Creek to South San Jose)

Is there anything there that is below $500 that is also a dual tip?
Gerry there are several dual tip exhaust systems sold on eBay for under $500. As far as reliability and noise that is anyone's guess. When I changed my stock exhaust I narrowed it down to the Dansk Sport exhaust with dual tips. Dansk makes exhaust systems for Porsche and have an excellent reputation. At $1K though the system was too rich for me so I bided my time until I found a new one in the box for $325 on Craig's. The fellow selling it had purchased it to put on a spec Boxster that had been totaled before he got it installed. It has a great sound starting at 3.5K rpm but does have some drone even though it is advertised as not having any but if you research aftermarket exhaust systems on the various Boxster sights you'll find they all do. Here's a suggestion, prior to finding the Dansk I had the stock exhaust removed and the intake baffles torched through so the exhaust didn't wind around all the internal baffles but went directly to the outlet. The OEM unit had a sound similar to the Dansk and without any drone. It cost $170 at Johnny Franklin's and although I kept the stock outlet on you can get a dual setup welded on to replace the stock pipe. You'll have a great sounding and good looking set up for under $500.
Old June 1st, 2013, 01:47 PM   #3
Martin@Alaska

Fabspeed Maxflo Exhaust

Gerry,

I purchased the fabspeed maxflo exhaust system last year and had the ECU updated. The improvement in sound and driving performance is pretty fantastic. It is not cheap, but you get a completely new exhaust with sport cats etc and it is significantly lighter. Sounds great!

Check it out here https://www.fabspeed.com/Boxster.html
2003 Boxster S Cobalt Blue/Gray
2008 Aston Martin Vantage N400 #212
2014 Ram 1500 Longhorn

Previous Cars
2003 Audi Allroad 2.7T
2001 Audi Allroad 2.7T
1966 Triumph TR4A
Martin@Alaska is offline   Reply With Quote

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman