Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old November 10th, 2018, 09:22 PM   #1
aocayman

Arrow After a crash

Has anyone experienced a situation after you have been in a crash though it may be a minor crash from the rear, your cayman will drive for a while and then shut off and have to pull by the road side. This is what I am currently experiencing. The airbag light came on even though it did not deploy. The car will move for a bit and then shut off. Could this be as a result of the airbag light?
aocayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2018, 09:51 AM   #2
Snowlady

aocayman-
I work in the collision industry. Did you take the car to a certified Porsche body shop? Because if you did, you probably wouldnt be having these issues. Id go right back to the shop who repaired it and have them do a post repair scan. Its pretty standard but a lot of insurance companies refuse to pay for. More than likely the computer is confused because it wasnt reset or you have sensor issues. If there was a scan done then, id take it to a Porsche shop as it may not be collision related.
Snowlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2018, 12:45 PM   #3
aocayman

Thank you for your response, I should be getting the car back next week but I will remember to ask for the scan and reset.
aocayman is offline   Reply With Quote

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman