Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old July 15th, 2001, 05:48 AM   #1
Vern

FYI: New product for vinyl window cleaning...

My buddy, Ace (former combat and now retired military pilot), sends me information on a new product find that works wonders on vinyl windows, ie, Boxster cabriolet vinyl windows as well.

Here's his note on this new product called:

PGT Vinyl Cleaner & Preservative (formally VinylTech)...

PGT Industries is a manufacturer of vinyl slider type porch windows in Florida. This product is recommended for their vinyl windows.

Tried this on my Boxster S rear window and it's now crystal clear. You may have to use a polish to get scratches out, but for the final cleaning and clarity, this stuff is absolutely amazing.

Being a pilot I've use Meguiars products for over 30 years for cleaning Plexiglas with great results. Another product called 210 is similar, if not the same, as Plexus. Both are fantastic products, but for vinyl the PGT is absolutely the best product I've ever used.

Bought the PGT cleaner (14oz spray can) at a local window dealer for $4.95. PGT home office is in Nokomis, FL (near Venice)... toll free number is (800)282-6019 or (877)550-6066 They can tell you if there's a retail dealer in your area.

They also have a web site if you're interested in background information on the company:

http://www.pgtindustries.com/profile.asp

I've tried all the popular cleaners, including the Porsche vinyl window cleaner, and the PGT product is simply the best. Well worth a try if you're able to get your hands on a can.

Now, I've tried this product and it really works. If you're having problems with haze or fogging, this product clears things up. It also has UV resistant qualities and subsequent cleanings of the window are possible with just clean water. My window on my 01S literally looks like glass now in terms of clarity.

Don't know if they even use vinyl home windows in Northern California, but they are very popular in Florida. In any event, if PGT Vinyl Cleaner & Preservative isn't available through a local window dealer there, maybe we can send a can to the Babblers to try out at one of their functions.

Tool Pants, where are you?

Vern

(Note: this info is FYI only and we have no affiliation with PGT other than confirming that they are in the vinyl window business and have a product specially formulated for vinyl window cleaning)

PGT Industries
Old July 15th, 2001, 09:50 AM   #2
Magic Mtn Dan

Thanks Vern! (funny about the "porch windows") *NM*

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.