Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old January 6th, 2003, 07:04 AM   #1
Mark Griffin

Driver Side Window.

I got a problem with my drivers side window! As I got in my car this morning I had trouble shutting the door, Which was nice as it was snowing and bloody freezing.
What the problem is that the window normally moves down slightly as you open the door and up again as you close it, this is not happening. Also the window is not opening and closing at all. I can hear something (maybe the motor) in the door as I press the button. Has anyone got any ideas of what the problem could be. If so any tips on how to fix it.

Many Thanks, You have a great a website Keep it up!!

Mark Griffin, Brighton, England.
Old January 6th, 2003, 07:51 AM   #2
John in San Jose

Re: Driver Side Window.

You may have answered your own question. If it was freezing maybe the window is stuck/iced and cannot retract that small bit it normally does....
Old January 6th, 2003, 10:46 AM   #3
Mark S(Sunnyvale)

I had a similar problem

If it's not related to the weather, you *might* need to replace your window regulator.

Although in my case, I can still lower my windows, it just didn't drop down automatically when I opened the door.

I believe the regulator was around $200. The person who installed it for me charged 2 hours for labor, which also accounted for diagnostics.

I hope that helps. Actually, I hope it's just an issue of the window frozen=).

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman